14-year-old girl electrocuted to death in Monroe

MONROE, Mich. (WXYZ) – A 14-year-old girl has died after being electrocuted by a downed power line in Monroe on Monday night.

It happened around 7:40pm on Peters Street near Conant Avenue, not far from E 1st Street.

When authorities arrived, the victim was still in contact with the power line, the Monroe Department of Public Safety said. Power lines fell as a thunderstorm passed through the Detroit subway.

Authorities contacted DTE Energy to disconnect the power lines and emergency crews assisted the victim. After contacting the victim, police learned that the teenager was dead.

While investigating, detectives learned that the victim lived at the home where the incident occurred. She was walking with a friend in the backyard when they believe they smelled a campfire. The victim then reached for what she thought was a stick but was actually an electrically charged line.

Family was at the scene when the incident happened.

Detectives are continuing to investigate.

Monroe Public Schools sent the following letter to families:

Source link


News7h: Update the world's latest breaking news online of the day, breaking news, politics, society today, international mainstream news .Updated news 24/7: Entertainment, the World everyday world. Hot news, images, video clips that are updated quickly and reliably

Related Articles

Back to top button