15 best anti-oxidant skin care products to protect your skin
With every new season comes a new skin care trend. Whether it’s a self-proclaimed miracle product or a well-known ingredient, there always seems to be something beauty lovers can’t fully understand. Sometimes it’s an anti-aging secret like collagen or tretinoin body lotions. Other times, it’s an ingredient that’s suddenly everywhere, like niacinamide or hyaluronic acid. Some stand out more than others, and some are certainly more effective. But as beauty trends come and go, one thing remains the same: the focus is on nourishing our skin from the inside out.
Whatever your skincare routine looks like, you should focus on taking care of it — not punishing it for a few flaws (trust me, I’ve been there). Just as your body deserves nutrient-rich food, your skin deserves nutrient-rich products. That’s what I learned when I spoke with April Gargiulo, founder of Vintner Daughter, about the secret to glowing skin and the best antioxidant skin care products.
Featured image of Zachary Gray.
Get acquainted with the New Luxury Skincare Routine
Since he was a beauty founder, Gargiulo has become an expert on the benefits of nutrient-rich skin care. For Gargiulo, premium skin care products are products that contain high-quality ingredients that nourish your skin — no matter the price. Designing a luxury product line involves choosing the right ingredients. I consider myself a skin-care geek, but April taught me the truth and the fiction of what makes up good Skin Care. Two facts that I immediately dismiss:
1. The best ingredients make the best products
2. It’s not just about the names on the back of the bottle. That’s how they work together.
“Antioxidants are vitamins that help protect the skin,” Gargiulo told me. “They help brighten the skin and allow the skin to increase its own effectiveness – its own ability to balance, brighten and firm. All the things that healthy skin should do. ”
I admire April’s mission to help people achieve their best skin in as few small steps as possible. Her goal is to support the ultimate transformation: a new sense of confidence and trust in yourself and your beautiful skin. We explored that (and more) in our chat.
Continue reading April’s tips for building a skincare routine — along with her recommendations for the best antioxidant skin care products.
What is antioxidant skin care?
In a nutshell, antioxidants are molecules that fight free radicals. Free radicals can damage compounds often due to UV exposure and pollution and chemicals. An overload of free radicals in our system causes oxidative stress. This means your body chemistry is out of balance and unable to detoxify against the effects of free radicals. Not ideal – but there is a solution. Antioxidants help your body detox and heal.
In skin care, antioxidants fight the signs of aging while replenishing the skin with nourishing factors to heal and keep you protected from further damage.
Some of the most common and effective antioxidants include:
- Vitamin C One of the most recognizable antioxidants. And for good reason! This super ingredient boosts collagen, fades dark spots and prevents sun damage.
- Vitamin E Another rich vitamin known for its healing properties. Vitamin E also helps stabilize and strengthen other antioxidants when combined. As much as possible.
- Vitamin A (Retinol) Retinol is well known for its ability to stimulate collagen, reverse the signs of aging and significantly improve wrinkles. It speeds up renewal and repairs to improve texture and tone.
- Niacinamide Also known as vitamin B3, niacinamide is a powerful antioxidant that does it all. Its anti-inflammatory properties improve texture and help stabilize other active ingredients.
- Coenzyme Q10 Why must all the good things in life be ephemeral? Like collagen, Coenzyme Q10 is a nutrient that controls the elasticity of your skin, but our reserves fade as we age. Applying it topically helps fight wrinkles and keeps skin cells healthy.
- Polyphenols Found in things like fruits, vegetables, tea, and other plants, polyphenols are a natural protector against signs of aging and DNA damage.
- Resveratrol One of the most common polyphenols is resveratrol, known as the “longevity molecule” because of its contrasting effects.
What are the benefits of antioxidant skin care products?
The the best antioxidant skin care products to combat the negative effects of environmental stress. Reversing the effects of UV rays, chemicals, pollution, etc., antioxidants build your skin back to fight further damage. They strengthen your skin, increase longevity, stimulate collagen and other good molecules, and provide your skin with adequate nutrients. Overall, they help your skin repair itself. All of this combines to correct signs of aging, even skin tone, and heal sun damage.
Which antioxidant is best for your skin?
Using a mixture of different antioxidants allows them to combine properties for maximum effectiveness. Antioxidants work synergistically, creating dual benefits and counteracting negative effects. For example, many dermatologists recommend combining a retinol skin care routine with niacinamide and vitamin C to reduce inflammation and help speed up cell turnover.
Gargiulo also believes in the benefits of synergy. The The best antioxidant skin care products contain multiple antioxidants that work together. Her own products are carefully formulated to bring out the best in each ingredient. “Your skin needs nutrients to be its healthiest and most balanced, but certain nutrients need other nutrients to function. The things that come to us are perfectly calibrated from nature“She says. “Having all kinds of such synergies in nature allows your skin to put those nutrients to work faster.”
What should we look for in antioxidant skin care products?
The The best antioxidant skin care products use a variety of antioxidants to form a comprehensive, nutritious cocktail. You can find antioxidant skin care products to suit every routine — and every pocket. Bonus points for naturally derived compounds that harness the full spectrum of ingredients for brighter, healthier-looking skin.
As a beauty founder, Gargiulo selects timeless ingredients, saying that “the ingredients we choose are those that have been revered and honored since ancient times. These are ingredients that truly span ancient cultures, across time, and are part of the nutritional, medicinal landscape. They are what healers, witches and doctors have turned to to help replenish the body. They are the oldest, most honored skinned plants in the world. “
To continue the tradition, try stepping up your skin care game with some of the best antioxidant products available.