Canada has now totally vaccinated 81.41 per cent of the nation’s eligible inhabitants. Right here’s what else it’s good to know to begin your day.
1. Trudeau apologizes: Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says travelling to Tofino, B.C. for a trip on the primary Nationwide Day for Reality and Reconciliation was a “mistake” and he’s targeted on making amends.
2. Vaccine mandate: With “restricted exemptions,” federal public servants should be totally vaccinated in opposition to COVID-19 by Oct. 29, the day earlier than travellers in Canada should show they’re vaccinated earlier than boarding a prepare or aircraft.
3. NDP overview: NDP Chief Jagmeet Singh caught up along with his newly elected caucus of MPs on Wednesday, informing them he’s launched an election marketing campaign overview to pinpoint the get together’s successes and failures.
4. Well being-care inequity: Canadian researchers try to alter the dearth of training about Black well being for medical college students, by making a first-of-its-kind well being primer.
5. Psychological well being: A brand new report from RBC Insurance coverage has discovered that just about half of long-term incapacity claims amongst youthful workers in 2021 had been associated to psychological well being points.
Zodiac Killer: An impartial group of cold-case investigators say they’ve solved the thriller of who was behind the decades-old Zodiac killings.