5 things to know on CTVNews.ca for Wednesday, October 13, 2021: U.S. border, Iqaluit water advisory, Shatner goes to space
The U.S. will reopen its borders to journey, Iqaluit faces a water advisory, and William Shatner heads to area after a climate delay. Right here’s what it’s good to know to start out your day.
1. Journey restrictions: The USA land and sea border will reopen to non-essential journey in November after a report lengthy closure on account of issues over COVID-19.
2. Water advisory: Residents of Nunavut’s capital metropolis, Iqaluit, are being warned to not eat the town’s ingesting water on account of the opportunity of petroleum hydrocarbons.
3. Afghan refugees: An Afghan man residing in hiding for months has been capable of escape Afghanistan together with his household and now awaits a flight to Canada.
4. Fashionable politics: The nation’s former Clerk of the Privy Council says the final a number of years have proven that the worth of getting into into the political ring is “going up.”
5. Boldly go: Actor William Shatner is counting down Wednesday to his wildest function but: driving a rocket into area, courtesy of “Star Trek” fan Jeff Bezos.
Evoking nostalgia: Greater than eight years after the closure of most of its shops throughout Canada, Zellers is again as a pop-up store.