Indigenous delegates recounted their residential school experiences with Pope Francis, Canada will discuss a new emissions reduction plan in Parliament today, and the employer of Ottawa Senator Eugene Melnyk dies aged 62 Here’s what you need to know today.
1. Eugene Melnyk: Owner of Ottawa Senator Eugene Melnyk has passed away at the age of 62. NHL brand reveals that he is battling an undisclosed illness.
2. ‘Today is about our own lives’: For Metis Nation of Alberta elder Angie Crerar, the journey to the Vatican to meet Pope Francis was a lifetime.
3. Pope’s Apology: Author and longtime Vatican correspondent Gerard O’Connell hopes Pope Francis will want to come to Canada to apologize for the Catholic Church’s role in the residential school system.
4. Emission Reduction: Environment Minister Steven Guilbeault will discuss Canada’s new greenhouse gas emissions plan in Parliament this morning.
5. How much will they cost?: When Canada enters negotiations to buy F-35 fighter jets, the federal procurement minister will not give a specific price on their price.
One more thing…
Could he lose the Oscar?: Will Smith’s actions violate the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences’ code of conduct and could cause his Best Actor award to be cancelled?