A leak apparently suggests the US Supreme Court will overturn Roe v. Wade, Russia accuses Israel of supporting neo-Nazis in Ukraine, and the Toronto Maple Leafs start their NHL playoffs with a Bang. Here’s what you need to know today.
1. Roe v. Wade: A draft opinion suggests the US Supreme Court may be willing to overturn the 1973 Roe v. Wade case that legalized abortion, according to Politico.
2. Russia’s Escalation: Russia’s Foreign Ministry on Tuesday accused Israel of supporting neo-fascism in Ukraine, a day after Sergei Lavrov claimed Adolf Hitler was of Jewish origin.
3. Testing is underway: The trial of the sexual assault case of Canadian musician and Jacob Hoggard, frontman Hedley is underway after several delays caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
4. Met Gala: Kim Kardashian beamed on the Met Gala red carpet in one of Marilyn Monroe’s most iconic dresses, priced at $4.81 million.
5. NHL Qualifiers: Auston Matthews scored twice and Jack Campbell made 23 saves as the Toronto Maple Leafs knocked out defending champion Tampa Bay Lightning in Game 1.
One more thing…
Are canvas bags recyclable? As the federal government restricts single-use plastic items, the shift to reusable cloth bags is leaving some consumers wondering how to get rid of them.
As the federal government banned single-use plastics, some major stores have now permanently switched to reusable shopping bags. (Bill Goodman polite)