A historic meeting between Pope Francis and delegates of the First Nations takes place today, gas prices in Ontario and British Columbia are expected to rise, and Chris Rock returns to the stage and speaks in advance. the Oscars ceremony. Here’s what you need to know today.
1. Historical meeting: First Nations delegates, including survivors of residential educational institutions, will meet Pope Francis at the Vatican on Thursday. This is why it was a historic meeting.
2. ‘The turning point’: Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelenskyy says his defense is at a “turning point,” hours after Russian forces reneged on pledges to downsize some of their operations.
3. Price at the pump: Following a drop in gas prices in parts of Canada, an increase of six cents across much of Ontario and five cents in parts of BC is expected on Friday.
4. Sixth Wave ‘Guaranteed’: As officials in Ontario and Quebec report that the COVID-19 pandemic is entering its sixth wave, some experts say it is inevitable with restrictions being lifted.
5. Oscar slap: Chris Rock, returning to the stage on Wednesday night for the first time since being slapped by Will Smith at the Oscars, briefly explained the incident to a crowd selling tickets.
One more thing…
What is aphasia?: Bruce Willis is stepping away from acting after being diagnosed with aphasia. But what exactly is this medical condition?