On Sunday, Apple warned investors and customers that it expected to ship fewer iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max models as the world’s most valuable tech firm struggles with Covid-19 restrictions are taking place in China.
The company says it continues to see strong demand for professional models of the new iPhone 14 seriesbut has slashed its previous shipment estimate.
“Basis [located in Zhengzhou, China] is currently operating at a significantly reduced capacity. As we have done throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, we are prioritizing the health and safety of our supply chain workers,” the company said in a statement. blog post.
Like many other companies, Apple has been looking to maintain shipments of its products amid a global supply chain disruption for more than two years. Disclosures around Sunday shipments are rare for Apple, which mostly chooses to do so during its quarterly earnings calls.
The update, however, is not surprising. Apple CEO Tim Cook said during a recent earnings call last month that supply for the iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max has been “constrained” since its launch.
“We continue to be constrained today and so we are working very hard to meet demand,” he said on the call.
On Sunday, the company said it was “working closely with our supplier to return to normal production levels while ensuring the health and safety of all workers”.
China ordered a seven-day blockade of the area around Foxconn’s flagship factory in Zhengzhou earlier this month. According to Bloomberg estimates, the assembly line produces four out of five current-generation iPhone handsets.
(More to follow)