Balanced results between Israel Adesanya and Robert Whittaker 2
The UFC middleweight championship has arrived at UFC 271, as Robert Whittaker is hoping for a chance at revenge on February 12.
Inside the Toyota Center in Houston, Israel Adesanya defended the title against the former champion in Whittaker.
This is a rematch from UFC 243 in 2019. In Whittaker’s hometown of Australia, Adesanya tagged Whittaker multiple times during the bout. In the second inning, Adesanya unleashed a barrage of shots, with one of them knocking Whittaker down. He landed one last shot before the introducer stopped the fight.
THAN: Israel Adesanya vs Robert Whittaker 2 odds, predictions, betting trends for UFC 271
Adesanya made his MMA debut in 2012. He has been 10-1 in the UFC since entering the promotion in 2018. After defeating Whittaker to win the title, he successfully defended it against Yoel Romero, Paulo Costa and Marvin Vettori.
Whittaker made his MMA debut in 2009. After winning “The Ultimate Fighter” in 2012, he moved from welterweight to welterweight. Originally, he was going to fight for the interim title, but plans changed and Whittaker eventually defeated Yoel Romero to become the undisputed champion. Since losing to Adesanya, he has defeated Darren Till, Jared Cannonier and Kelvin Gastelum.
Will Whittaker or Adesaya have problems gaining weight? What about Derek Brunson, who is looking for a chance to win the middleweight title with a win over Jared Cannonier?
THAN: Robert Whittaker is ready to go to work, regain the middleweight title at UFC 271
Stay tuned below for a live weigh-in against UFC 271.
UFC 271: Adesanya vs. When does Whittaker 2 take place?
- Day: Saturday, February 12
- Start time: 6 p.m. ET | 3 p.m. PT
- Main Card (PPV): 10 p.m. ET | 7 p.m. PT
- Major Events: Midnight ET | 9 p.m. PT (approximately)
UFC 271: Israel Adesanya vs Robert Whittaker 2 will take place on Saturday, February 12, with the bout kicking off the event at 6 p.m. ET. Prelims will start at 8pm ET and the main pass will start at 10pm ET. Adesanya and Whittaker will enter the Octagon around midnight ET, depending on the length of the nightmares.
THAN: Subscribe to watch UFC 271 PPV, exclusively on ESPN+
UFC 271: Israel Adesanya vs Robert Whittaker
Main Pass (10 p.m. ET)
- Israel Adesanya (184) vs. Robert Whittaker (184)
- Derrick Lewis () vs Tai Tuivasa (265)
- Jared Cannonier (185) vs Derek Brunson (185.5)
- Kyler Philips (136) vs Marcelo Rojo (136)
- Bobby Green (155.5) vs Nasrat Haqparast (156)
Prelims (8 p.m. ET)
- Andre Arlovski (246) vs. Jared Vanderaa (265)
- Roxanne Modafferi (126) vs Casey O’Neill (125.5)
Alex Perez (128) vs. Matt Schnell (126)
- William Knight (218) vs Maxim Grishin (206) – This match has been changed to a heavyweight fight
Early Prelims (6 p.m. ET)
- Mana Martinez (136) vs Ronnie Lawrence (136)
- Alexander Hernandez (156) vs Renato Moicano (156)
- Carlos Ulberg (204) vs Fabio Cherant (206)
- AJ Dobson (185) vs Jacob Malkoun (186)
- Douglas Silva de Andrade (136) vs. Sergey Morozov (135)
- Jeremiah Wells (170.5) vs Mike Diamond (170)
Sporting News may earn affiliate commissions when you subscribe to a streaming service through our links. Sporting News affiliates have no influence over the editorial content contained in this article.