© Reuters. Ukraine’s President Volodymyr Zelenskiy speaks during a joint press conference with Czech Prime Minister Petr Fiala (unseen), as Russia’s attack on Ukraine continues, in Kyiv, Ukraine October 31, 2022. REUTERS/Viacheslav Ratynskyi
(Reuters) – Russian forces destroyed critical infrastructure in the southern Ukrainian city of Kherson before fleeing, President Volodymyr Zelenskiy said, while his counterparts in Russia and Iran claimed will strengthen economic, political and commercial relations.
* “It’s hell there – there are fierce battles every day,” Zelenskiy said of the Donetsk region in a video address. “But our units are defending bravely – they are withstanding the tremendous pressure of the invaders, preserving our defenses.”
* Britain says Russia’s withdrawal from Kherson, Ukraine’s only regional capital it has captured since its invasion in February, is another humiliation to its military but Moscow continues to provoke pose a threat.
* People of Kherson hold flowers and kiss Ukrainian soldiers entering the right bank of the Dnipro River after the spectacular Russian retreat.
DIFFICULTY, ECONOMY, OTHER
* Russian President Vladimir Putin and his Iranian counterpart Ebrahim Raisi emphasized “further strengthening of cooperation in the political, commercial and economic fields, including in the field of transport and logistics” during the phone call, Kremlin said.
* Ukraine will decide on the timing and content of any framework for negotiations with Russia, according to US Secretary of State Antony Blinken’s meeting with Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba in Phnom Penh.
* Russia said that it has not yet reached an agreement to extend the agreement that allows Ukraine to export grain through the Black Sea, and reiterated its assertion of unimpeded access to the world market for goods. the country’s food and fertilizer exports.
* Turkey is committed to seeking a peaceful dialogue between Russia and Ukraine, Turkish media quoted President Tayyip Erdogan as saying, accusing the United States and other Western countries of provoking Moscow.
* Russia reaffirmed its demand for free access to world markets for food and fertilizer exports after what it called a “thorough exchange of views” with UN officials a day ago there in Geneva.
* Russian fertilizer producer Uralchem-Uralkali has agreed with the Netherlands, Estonia and Belgium to deliver fertilizer shipments stuck in these countries to Africa, TASS news agency reported.
* Renowned graffiti artist Banksy has published a work in the Ukrainian town of Borodyanka, which was occupied by Russia until April and was devastated by fighting in the early days of Moscow’s invasion of the neighboring country. .