PlatinumGames is not made with bayonet 3 not yet! Today, it released its second major patch update for the game.
This latest patch (Version 1.2.0) comes with battle adjustments, stage condition adjustments, some game mode changes, and many other changes and bug fixes. Here’s the full summary, thanks to Nintendo’s official support page:
Version 1.2.0 (Release January 10, 2023)
The following Niflheim stage conditions have been changed to reduce difficulty:
|Niflheim Theater||Conditions change|
|Chapter 2 Verse 5（Common to Experts）||120 second time limit changed to 150 second time limit|
|Chapter 3 Verse 4（Common to Expert）||Two lives increase to three lives|
|Chapter 5 Verse 2 (Common to Expert)||150 second time limit changed to 180 second time limit|
|Chapter 6 Verse 8 (Common to Expert)||Two lives increase to three lives|
|Chapter 9 Verse 8 (Common to Expert)||60 second time limit changed to 80 second time limit|
|Chapter 10 Verse 1 (Common to Expert)||140 second time limit changed to 160 second time limit|
|Chapter 12 Verse 5 (Common to Expert)||One life adds up to two lives|
- The conditions for obtaining the “Tricolor Key” required to open the “Old Photo Book” have been made easier.
- The “Tricolor Key” will automatically be available on the chapter selection screen once the “Gate of Hell” is accessible.
- Even if players already have access to Hell’s Gate or have received a key or two, they will automatically get the rest of the keys when they go to the chapter selection screen after applying the update.
- Adjustments have been made to Golem Treasure Chests found in stages.
- The time limit has been increased and the difficulty has been lowered.
- The Golem Chest fragmentation animation can now be fast-forwarded using the B button.
- Adjustments have been made to reduce situations with poor camera visibility.
- Adjust game balance.
- Fixed a bug in Sentence 5 of Chapter 7 that prevented progress when performing certain actions while controlling Cheshire.
- Fixed an issue with the “Hymn of Durga” accessory where its effects were not applied to some attacks.
- Fixed an issue where using Alruna’s “Bondage Whip (P or K* long press)” skill in certain situations would cause an enemy to die instantly.
- Fixed an issue where weapons using “Crow Inside” (J* long press)” with “Scarborough Fair” and “Love is Blue” would cause the player to advance significantly under certain conditions.
- Fixed an issue where Bayonetta’s animations did not play correctly when switching weapons immediately after using “Crow Inside (J* long press)” with “Scarborough Fair” and “Love is Blue” weapons.
- Fixed a bug that caused “Rain of Black Pearls (Spin L + S*)” for Hell Demon “Kraken” to trigger “Blink Slave” with unusually high attack power.
- Fixed a bug that caused “Devil Rodin” to be stuck for a period of time when using “After Burner Kick (↑K* in midair)” repeatedly, right after waking up with “After Burner Kick (J・K*)” before.
- Fixed a bug where Viola’s Attacking Slaves could summon Demons in the “Hell Demons Forbidden Zone”.
- Fixed a bug in the hand symbol seen in Cutie J’s transformation sequence viewable in Extra Chapters.
- Fixed other issues to make the game more fun to play.
*P is Punch, K is Kick, S is Shoot, and J is Jump.
If you haven’t tried Bayonetta 3 on Switch, be sure to check out our full Nintendo Life review: