Boiled Rhubarb French Toast – Health Care & Travel Blogger
With just three days to go until Mother’s Day this weekend, I wanted to share this recipe that I think is the perfect way to pamper your mom/wife/partner as a thank you for everything. they did!
French toast is not usually cooked in our house… I always thought it was a bit overwhelming but it’s actually very easy to make and tastes great! If you’re not a fan of Rhubarb, you can always trade it in for some raspberry stew, and black raspberries would be perfect too. This is my dream breakfast in bed!
Hope you enjoy the recipe and good luck to everyone who entered my giveaway with Waitrose to win in-store vouchers to celebrate Mother’s Day this weekend
Rhubarb French Toast
Rhubarb French Toast
Author: Lean Living Girl
Culinary: Rhubarb French Toast
Service: Serve 2
Orange & Ginger Rhubarb
- 200g Rhubarb, cut into smaller bars.
- 100g raspberries
- Fresh ginger cubes 1cm
- Water 500 ml
- Juice of 1 orange
- 400g brioche bread
- 1 organic egg
- 150ml milk
- 100ml fresh cream
- Maple syrup 2tbs
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Greek Yogurt
- A handful of Pistachio seeds, crushed.
- Put all the ingredients of the rhubarb poaching liquid in a saucepan and bring to a boil (everything except the rhubarb).
- Remove from heat when bubbling and blend together until smooth.
- Return to the stove over medium heat, add the fresh rhubarb and cook for 3-4 minutes until the rhubarb starts to soften. Set aside.
- Whisk all the French toast ingredients together in a bowl (everything except the brioche).
- Cut the brioche into cuts about 3cm thick and dip in the topping mixture all over.
- Fry the dipped bread slices in a pan over medium-high heat until golden brown on each side.
- Scoop the rhubarb slices out of poaching liquid and serve warm with yoghurt and crushed pistaccio seeds. Add a drop of poaching liquid for more flavor!
- Do not throw away poaching liquid! This variety can be kept in the refrigerator and is great to add to yogurt for a snack.
This recipe is inspired by Jernej Kitchen Blog.