Brit family holiday hell like a mysterious bug on £4,000 5-star tour of Turkey leaves five-year-old son hospitalized

A family in BRITISH say their £4,000 five-star holiday has turned into a nightmare after a mysterious bug sent their five-year-old son to hospital.

Sheri Smith, 43, said her family started feeling unwell on the second day of their stay at Delphin Imperial Resort in Turkey.

Sheri's five-year-old son was taken to the hospital after falling ill with a stomach ache


Sheri’s five-year-old son was taken to the hospital after falling ill with a stomach acheCredit: SWNS
Sheri claims young player could have died if not treated quickly


Sheri claims young player could have died if not treated quicklyCredit: SWNS
Sheri, from Croydon South London, with son, daughter and husband


Sheri, from Croydon South London, with son, daughter and husbandCredit: SWNS

The mother-of-two said her daughter was cured of the horrible stomach ache, but her son and husband also fell ill.

She said she spent five days in bed in extreme pain, while her five-year-old son was taken to hospital and given intravenous drip.

Sheri, from Croydon, South London, claimed the boy could have died had he not been quickly treated for what the documents told her was E-Coli or salmonella.

Travel Republic agents confirmed they are investigating the complaints.

Meet the brave orphans who made the UK their new home after fleeing Ukraine
I was trapped under the rubble and paralyzed behind the bar, I was drinking when I collapsed

The family flew to Antalya, Turkey, in the early hours of the morning on June 5, and the next day her son started having stomach pains.

“Finally around midday we decided he might just be hungry, so we bought him some pasta,” Sheri said.

“At half past hour, he said he wasn’t feeling well. Less than 30 minutes later he was sitting up and sick all over the place.

“He completely took everything out of him – he couldn’t even hold water.

“After about two hours, he lost control of his bowel movements – even in bed.

“His temperature spiked so I gave him paracetamol and Calpol, then some Nurofen. By that evening, I also felt nauseous.”

Sheri initially blamed the sudden illness on heatstroke or food poisoning, but now she blames poorly cooked food or the hotel pool.

She took her son to the hospital and he was put on a drip due to a lack of fluids – and blood tests showed the boy was suffering from a serious bacterial infection, she alleges.

“They basically told me he couldn’t go home and was hospitalized, and they gave him antibiotics,” Sheri said.

The mother of two also fell ill and claimed that she had not eaten anything for five days.


She said: “We saw the hotel doctor, and when he examined me and touched my stomach, I screamed in pain.

“Right away he said he had to give me an injection in my butt, and then give me more pills an hour later.

“We could have been there for five minutes, but in that time three other families came down to the front desk to complain about the same problem.”

Adding to the family’s plight, the chaotic travel caused their flight to be delayed for hours in both directions.

Sheri said: “I was just so angry because it was our family vacation that I paid so much money for, and it just got ruined.

“We were married at a stalemate so we never got to get the honeymoon we wanted, so this was like our second special family honeymoon.

“Even so, by the second day – the holiday is over.

“We basically couldn’t move out of bed and I was hallucinating because of the fever, but I didn’t want to go to the hospital because I was worried I would be stuck here for weeks afterwards.”

Sheri said she is considering legal action.


A spokesperson for Travel Republic said an investigation has been launched.

Referring to Sheri’s use of her maidenhood, a spokesperson said: “We are sorry to hear of Ms Gill’s experience and members of her family at the Delphin Hotel and have spoken to with her to discuss the issues she raised.

“We sincerely hope that the family is feeling better now.

“We have initiated an urgent investigation with the hotel to clarify the details and as proud members of ABTA, we will respond to Ms Gill in full within the timeframe given by the instructions. their proposed.

“We have shared the details of our post-holiday resolution process with Ms Gill and will keep her fully informed of our progress during that time.

“We want our guests to enjoy a pleasant and relaxing stay when they book with us and as such expect all hotels we work to meet all health and safety standards. health and safety as required by law.

“We take any suggestion that these have not been taken seriously and are looking at the matter with the highest priority.”

The Sun Online has contacted Delphin Imperial Resort for comment.

Source link


News7h: Update the world's latest breaking news online of the day, breaking news, politics, society today, international mainstream news .Updated news 24/7: Entertainment, the World everyday world. Hot news, images, video clips that are updated quickly and reliably

Related Articles

Back to top button