Auto Express

Bugatti celebrates the 400th Chiron produced

Bugatti was wearing his party hat.

It’s been six years since the French carmaker started production of its W16 engine Chiron hypercar, and it is now celebrating the 400th model launched from its production workshop in Molsheim.

The 400th Bugatti Chiron is a high performance car Super sports variant with a bare carbon fiber bodywork in dark blue.

On the inside, customers have opted for full leather upholstery with beluga green and black on the seats, and black on the rest of the interior.

There’s also a bare carbon fiber steering wheel, black painted interior trim and an optional Sky View roof.

It took 20 “craftsmen” about two months to craft this Chiron Super Sport by hand from around 1800 separate components.

At the heart of the Bugatti Chiron Super Sport is the company’s logo 8.0 liter twin-turbo W16 engine manufacturing 1176kW of power.

Paired with a seven-speed dual-clutch transmission, the Chiron Super Sport is said to be able to accelerate from 0-300km/h in 12.1 seconds and a top speed of 440km/h.

Only 100 more Chiron models will be produced and after that there will only be 40 models Meteor special program and 99 opening programs Mistral model to celebrate the end of W16 production.

Like previously reported in Octobera successor to W16 is said to launch in 2027 and is expected to cost more than 5 million euros ($A7.7 million).

Bugatti fans are said to have to wait until after 2030 for the company to launch its first all-electric car, according to Autocar.

Bugatti ceased to be a legal entity wholly owned by the Volkswagen Group in November 2021, with ownership transferring to a joint venture company named Bugatti Rimac.

The Rimac Group has a 55% stake in the joint venture, while Porsche owns the remaining 45%.

For now, Bugatti and Rimac will continue to operate separately, keeping the existing production facilities and distribution channels intact.

While the brands will be kept separate, future vehicles will share the technology.

Click on an image to see the entire gallery.

THAN: Bugatti Chiron Super Sport launched
THAN: Bugatti W16 Mistral roadster bids for 8.0 liter engine
THAN: Bugatti Bolide confirmed production
THAN: Bugatti begins new chapter under Rimac’s control

Source by [author_name]


News7h: Update the world's latest breaking news online of the day, breaking news, politics, society today, international mainstream news .Updated news 24/7: Entertainment, the World everyday world. Hot news, images, video clips that are updated quickly and reliably

Related Articles

Back to top button