Byju chip founder in $800 million funding round to hit $22 billion valuation TechCrunch
To get TechCrunch’s compilation of the biggest and most important stories delivered to your inbox daily at 3pm PST, Sign up here.
Hello and welcome to the Daily Crunch on Friday, March 11, 2022! Oh boy that’s a week. It was full and busy and now, finally, over. We have full coverage of your news below, but always hype about TechCrunch Sessions: Mobility, because it looks brighter and brighter. – Alex
TechCrunch’s Top 3
- EU to investigate state use of spyware: The Pegasus mobile spyware is causing headaches in Europe for more than just those who see themselves as targets of the software. The European Parliament voted this week to “investigate allegations that European member states acquired and used” Pegasus, TechCrunch reports.
- The way games launch is changing: With young tech companies doing everything from biology to space technology, software to consumer crypto trading algorithms, it’s hard to keep track of what’s going on for the “startup”. industry” as a category. But after spending a couple of weeks gathering data on the matter, TechCrunch has updated something similar to a recap of how things have changed for tech companies hoping to build. future.
- Latest Technological Response to Russia’s Invasion of Ukraine: Non-Russian technology companies continue to work to isolate the Russian state after its government invaded neighboring Ukraine. YouTube is currently blocking Russian state-affiliated media around the worldand we looked at How will the sales halt in Russia affect general tech concerns?. Reply, Russia has decided to block Instagramwhich we consider a defensive move rather than an offensive move.
Start-ups and VC
- Sorenson Ventures raises $150 million: The Utah-based company raised its second fundraiser, raising a new car that was 50% larger than its last car. TechCrunch writes that Sorenson has backed around 30 startups with his first funding. Guess what they’re investing in this time around? Yes, much the same thing.
- Today in the good startup names: What do you think about 100ms? Something related to speed? Yes! 100ms works with live video applications where speed – latency, really – is important. And the company just raised its Series A shortly after announcing its seed round.
- Heart Stripe Cryptocurrency: While not Stripe’s first game with crypto, this latest newsletter comes in a lot more than it has come up with in the past. Stripe, a public company, built a way for its customers to “buy and store crypto tokens, withdraw funds, trade NFTs, and handle compliance processes like Know Your Customer.” your”.
- Stripe, public!
- Byju Raveendran puts $400 million of Byju Raveendran’s cash into Byju, the startup founded by Byju Raveendran: The money is part of a $800 million spin, meaning the popular Indian edtech company has plenty of cash to play with. TechCrunch reports that the company is now worth around $22 billion, a number that is simply staggering.
- Byju’s, public!
And speaking of going public, Equity team had a fun episode today includes notes about life after SPAC for startups is considered a publicly traded method but ultimately says damned.
6 technologists discuss how codeless tools are changing software development
We’ve been reporting on the rise of zero-code/low-code software for years, but since the pandemic began, they’ve taken on new importance.
Rapid digital transformation is happening in an era where employees have become proficient at working remotely and software developers are in greater demand than ever.
We interviewed six technologists to learn more about the impact of zero-code/low-code tools, minimizing technical debt, and related topics:
- Patrick Jean, CTO, OutSystems
- Deb Gildersleeve, CIO, Quickbase
- Zoe Clelland, vice president of product and experience, Nintex
- Bruno Vieira Costa, Founder and CEO, Abstra
- David Hsu, Founder and CEO, Retool
- Trisha Kothari, Co-Founder and CEO, Unit21
(TechCrunch+ is our membership program that helps founders and startup teams rise to the top. You can register here.)