Chelsea next face Crystal Palace in the FA Cup semi-final on Sunday. The Blues are close to reaching the quarter-finals of the UEFA Champions League midweek despite a 3-2 win in the second leg at the Santiago Bernabeu.
On that note, here’s a look at the key Chelsea transfer stories for April 15, 2022:
Juventus interested in Kepa Arrizabalaga
Juventus interested in Kepa Arrizabalaga, Theo The Hard Tackle via Fichajes.
The Serie A giants are planning a squad overhaul this summer after a disappointing 2021-22 season so far. Among the players believed to want to leave is Wojciech Szczesny, who has had an emotionless season so far. The Pole has blown hot and cold since arriving in Turin, so coach Massimiliano Allegri wants to replace him this summer.
Kepa has caught the eye of the Juventus Board of Directors. The Spaniard has abandoned his order at Chelsea since the arrival of Edouard Mendy in the summer of 2020.
Kepa has delivered whenever called up but has yet to convince Blues manager Thomas Tuchel. The 27-year-old is frustrated with the situation and is ready to leave in search of a regular starting spot, playing just 1200 minutes this season.
The Spaniard has no shortage of suitors but could be tempted by a move to Turin to revive his career. The Bianconeri are preparing to return to their best form next season, and Kepa is a suitable option for Allegri. The Blues may be willing to let Kepa leave but will likely demand a hefty transfer fee for the 27-year-old.
Barcelona plan talks with Chelsea for Cesar Azpilicueta
Barcelona are planning to start talks with Chelsea over a possible move for Cesar Azpilicueta, according to reports. Marca. The Blaugrana are interested in the Spaniard and had previously planned to secure his services upon a move to Bosman. However, Arrizabalaga’s stay at Stamford Bridge was automatically extended by a year due to a clause in his contract.
However, the Blaugrana was not yet ready to respond. Barcelona are confident they will have no problem agreeing on personal terms with the Spaniard. However, they hope to convince the Blues not to honor the terms and allow their captain to leave on free.
Thomas Tuchel hinted about exiting the UEFA Champions League
Thomas Tuchel has revealed that Chelsea are on a two-way street after they were knocked out of the UEFA Champions League midweek. The London giants won against Real Madrid with a score of 3-2 but lost the final 5-4.
To speak Before the FA Cup semi-final against Crystal Palace, the German coach raved about the positives of the midweek victory. However, he also admitted that the Blues were disappointed to be eliminated from the UEFA Champions League.
“We are all in the middle a little bit. Confidence is wise, I think it’s a huge motivator, but it’s disappointing to be knocked out of the Champions League in the quarter-finals. Not a huge drama, but it’s still a disappointment because we feel we could be one of four teams in the semi-finals,” said Tuchel.
“It was a great performance at the Bernabeu, and it stays like this. But it feels a bit bitter. Too many mistakes were punished by personal qualities. We’ve got some practice time before Sunday’s game, and we’ll use it to sweat and get ready for Sunday. “
Tuchel also revealed that he apologized to Conor Gallagher for Chelsea’s decision not to let him play in the FA Cup semi-finals, saying:
“I had a chance to speak with Conor, and I could see his frustration. We met a few weeks ago, after the international break; we bumped into each other and chatted, I’m sorry I know how competitive he is. That’s the way it is. We play to win the game and the rules were clear when we made the loan. I can understand Conor’s frustration,” Tuchel said.
Gallagher is currently on loan at Palace but is not allowed to play with his parent club, according to the terms of his loan agreement. Palace have asked the Blues to allow them to launch Gallagher on the pitch, but Chelsea are not deterred.