COVID-19: Kawartha Lakes, Northumberland County report new cases; Kirkfield school reports case – Peterborough
The Haliburton, Kawartha, Pine Ridge District Health Unit reported three new instances of COVID-19 over the previous 48 hours, in accordance with information launched on Friday afternoon.
Two of three instances have been within the Metropolis of Kawartha Lakes and one was in Northumberland County.
The variety of energetic instances remained at 11 as was reported on Wednesday — six energetic instances in Northumberland County and 5 within the Kawarthas. There aren’t any energetic instances in Haliburton County.
Ontario to allow COVID-19 vaccine booster shots to seniors 70+, AstraZeneca recipients among others
Different COVID-19 information reported by the well being unit on Friday:
- Resolved instances: 2,427 — an extra three instances since Wednesday. The resolved instances make up roughly 97 per cent of the two,501 cumulative instances because the pandemic’s starting.
- Variant instances: 951 — two extra instances since Wednesday. Total there have been 527 variant instances within the Kawarthas (two extra), 370 in Northumberland County and 54 in Haliburton County.
- Excessive-risk contacts: 39 — down from 63 reported on Wednesday. The well being unit notes eight of the high-risk contacts are lacking residence identification, however are included within the general information.
- Outbreaks: None energetic. For the reason that pandemic was declared, the well being unit has handled 74 outbreaks: 30 at long-term care and/or retirement houses, 12 at workplaces, 11 at congregate settings, 11 at group settings, 9 at colleges, and one at a hospital.
- Hospitalized instances thus far: 91 — unchanged since Oct. 20. For the reason that pandemic started, there have been 52 hospitalized instances within the Metropolis of Kawartha Lakes, 36 in Northumberland County and three in Haliburton County.
- Deaths: 76 because the pandemic was declared. The most recent virus-related loss of life was reported on June 29 within the Metropolis of Kawartha Lakes. There have been 58 deaths amongst individuals who examined optimistic for COVID-19 within the Kawarthas, 17 in Northumberland County and one in Haliburton County.
- COVID-19 assessments: 237,937 have been accomplished within the well being unit’s jurisdiction because the pandemic started — an extra 463 since Wednesday’s replace.
Faculty boards as of 1:20 p.m. Friday reported the next instances at colleges throughout the well being unit’s jurisdiction:
The well being unit releases its weekly vaccination fee information on Mondays. The latest information may be discovered on this Global News Peterborough story.
This week the well being unit will host quite a few cell vaccination clinics:
- Friday, Nov. 5 (10 a.m. to five p.m.): Cobourg Neighborhood Centre (750 D’Arcy St.) in Cobourg and on the Minden Neighborhood Centre (55 Parkside St.) in Minden
- Saturday, Nov. 6 (10 a.m. to five p.m.): Cobourg Collegiate Institute (335 King St. E.) in Cobourg and Haliburton Highlands Secondary Faculty (5358 Haliburton Cty. Rd. 21) in Haliburton
- Sunday, Nov. 7 (10 a.m. to five p.m.): I.E. Weldon Secondary Faculty (24 Weldon Rd.) in Lindsay and East Northumberland Secondary Faculty (71 Dundas St.) in Brighton
In response to Ontario’s announcement on Wednesday for vaccine booster photographs for seniors over 70 and others, the well being unit can be holding mass immunization clinics on the following places:
- Fenelon Falls Neighborhood Centre
- Lindsay Exhibition
- Minden Neighborhood Centre
- Cobourg Neighborhood Centre
- Keeler Centre in Colborne
Seven excessive colleges are getting used for vaccination websites on weekends: Haliburton Highlands Secondary Faculty, I.E. Weldon Secondary Faculty in Lindsay, Lindsay Collegiate and Vocational Institute (LCVI), Fenelon Falls Excessive Faculty, Cobourg Collegiate Institute, East Northumberland Secondary Faculty in Brighton, and Campbellford District Excessive Faculty.
Dates and instances of every clinic will fluctuate and can be posted on the well being unit’s web site at www.hkpr.on.ca.
Go to Ontario’s pharmacy COVID-19 page for a listing of pharmacies that supply a vaccination.
© 2021 International Information, a division of Corus Leisure Inc.