DNEG Hires Josh Jaggars As Its First Group President, VFX & Stereo
Vfx big DNEG, which is having fun with a progress spurt in the intervening time, has appointed Josh Jaggars to the newly created position of group president, vfx and stereo. Listed below are the main points:
- Jaggars will lead the worldwide vfx and stereo conversion groups throughout the U.Okay.-based firm, together with the Redefine unit, which gives providers to worldwide markets like China and India.
- Primarily based in L.A., he’ll report back to DNEG chairman and CEO Namit Malhotra. He’ll assume the place on November 8.
- In his new position, Jaggars will liaise carefully with filmmakers and different shoppers, and also will “present new manufacturing options.”
- Jaggars was most lately svp, vfx and stereo manufacturing at Legendary Leisure, the manufacturing firm behind Dune (for which DNEG offered results). His credit there additionally embody Godzilla vs. Kong, Enola Holmes, Godzilla: King of the Monsters, and Pokémon Detective Pikachu.
- Beforehand, he was vfx producer at Warner Bros., engaged on Batman vs. Superman: Daybreak of Justice, Justice League, and Man of Metal. Prior credit embody Hancock, Quick 5, and 2012 (for which he was nominated for a VES Award).
- In August, Novator said it was investing $250 million in DNEG. Shortly afterward, DNEG introduced an expansion of its Canadian operations, which can create as much as 500 jobs.
- The corporate is rising its characteristic animation division, whose first movie Ron’s Gone Wrong got here out final month. It’s also exploring areas corresponding to gaming and authentic IP creation.
- DNEG presently employs round 8,000 workers throughout 9 areas. It plans to extend that to 10,000 inside the subsequent 12 months.
<! - Composite Start -><! - Kết thúc tổng hợp ->