A townhouse in Hamilton’s east finish suffered near $250,000 in injury after a second ground blaze on Tuesday night time.
Hamilton fireplace officers say they responded to a report of heavy smoke simply earlier than 6 p.m. on Harrisford Avenue not removed from Albright Highway and Greenhill Avenue.
“The lone occupant of the residence was alerted to the fireplace by working smoke detectors within the dwelling and self-evacuated,” stated Deputy Hearth Chief Dan Milovanovic in a launch.
“He met our crews in entrance of the residence.”
The multiple-alarm blaze was contained to only a single unit within the advanced and there have been no accidents.
The preliminary investigation suggests ‘unattended cooking’ was the reason for the fireplace, in response to Milovanovic.
© 2021 International Information, a division of Corus Leisure Inc.