With the arrival of the Virgo season and the first month of the month affectionately named ‘ber’ will bring a new source of comforting energy that makes us all yearn for hibernation, an unadorned social calendar and Gilmore Girls repeats.
While we may still be waiting to roll out our jackets and turtlenecks, September’s JOMO is definitely here. Come out with full-length PJs, barbecue dinners and Harry Potter marathons. Here are 20 things to do during your equinox aka September.
1. Desperately clinging to the last ruins of summer. RIP ice cream with every meal.
2. Hunting wild geese to hunt for sunflower fields.
3. And pray your BeReal will work while you are there.
4. Buy a new planner (Papier? Apparently) just to ruin it with your wild handwriting.
5. See spelling combinations Beauty and the Beast at the London Palladium.
6. Prepare for the fall to become your whole personality. Miss PSL, it’s time for you to shine.
7. Experience a mild sense of panic when you realize Christmas is only three months away. Whaddayaknow, time flies as you glide and freeze your chest.
8. Lightly launch your fall feed, even if Instagram doesn’t bother showing it to anyone *melting face emoji*
9. Hit Homesense to get 108 candles that you don’t need. Who is the cost of living crisis?!
10. Celebrate your Equinox era. The first sign of fall and you are basically Meg Ryan.
11. See Yellow – A look back at the fame and horrifying demise of actress Marilyn Monroe. Landed on September 28.
12. Celebrate the season of cuffs. The drought of love has passed the year of the Tiger.
13. Get out into nature and bask in the fall foliage, ideally while listening to ‘Cardigan’.
14. Pumpkin Ad Boost, Starting With Zoe .’s Signature Pumpkin spice cake. It really slaps.
15. Get cozy with September’s book club selection Summer storm.
16. Panic to buy electric blankets to prepare for Autumn. Central heating? We don’t know her.
17. Reunite with your slow cooker. Romanticize your life.
18. Countdown the days until Bake…
19. And Noel Fielding’s forever iconic knitwear debut.
20. Exchange your daily meal for soup and a bread roll. It’s officially Heinz tomato season!