Fox News Anchor Neil Cavuto Confirms He Was Hospitalized With COVID Pneumonia
Longtime host of Fox News Neil Cavuto returned to television after a five-week absence that he said was due to a battle with pneumonia caused by COVID.
“I have returned,” Cavuto declared Monday morning on his Fox Business Network show, there’s a rotation of hosts filling in when he’s absent for previously undisclosed reasons.
“I got COVID again – but the problem was much more serious, the doctors call it ‘COVID pneumonia,’” he confirmed. and it’s really touch and run.” The host cheerfully joked: “Some of you wanted to get me out of my misery, about to get what you wanted! Because So, sorry to disappoint you!”
The fully vaccinated Cavuto — who has long been open about surviving cancer, living with multiple sclerosis and undergoing open-heart surgery in 2016 — has also had his shots against the virus. vaxxers, who might think the shot made him sick.
“Vaccines don’t do that. That grass knot theory has been put forward a lot. My immune system has been compromised… I am among the vulnerable three percent of the population that cannot sustain the full benefits of the vaccine,” he explains. “But let me be clear, the doctors said that if I hadn’t been vaccinated I wouldn’t be here.”
He continued his fight against the deadly virus: “This is scary. It’s so scrary? I’m saying, ‘The Ponderosa suddenly coming out of the rib eye in the middle of the buffet is scary!’ It’s scary. No problem, I’m not here to argue about vaccinating you. Just give me an explanation. I owe you that.”
After the first time tested positive for the virus in October 2021, Cavuto begging viewers of the network to vaccinate them: “Life is too short to be an asshole,” he said at the time. “Let’s stop the deaths. Stop suffering. Please, get vaccinated.”