Gmail tips and tricks: From starting a video call to choosing a subject for your inbox- here are 5 things you must know.
How often do you use Gmail? The usage of Gmail varies, such as working professionals mainly use Gmail on a daily basis, while students can only use it to submit assignments, among others. Regardless of whether you use Gmail to communicate or not, most people have a Gmail account. You even need a Gmail account to get your new smartphone up and running. The app can be found on almost everyone’s smartphone, laptop, tablet, etc. If you don’t know too much about the features available on this app, here are some tips. and tips you can use to get started with Gmail. From choosing an inbox topic to making a video call to undoing a message, you can do this and more on Gmail.
In case you don’t have a Gmail account, you can create one. You’ll have to visit the create a Google Account page, follow the onscreen steps to set up the account, and use the account you created to sign in to Gmail. By signing up for Gmail, you’ll also be able to use other Google products like YouTube, Google Play, and Google Drive.
Top 5 Gmail tips and tricks
1. Start a video call: When you add someone to your Google Chat list, you can initiate a video call with them from your inbox by hovering over their name and clicking start video call.
2. Choose a subject for your inbox: You can choose an image for your inbox background. To get started, click Settings and then Themes. You can also organize your emails with labels. Labels are like folders, but you can add more than one label to a message. To add a label to an email, select the email, then click Labels. The label will be displayed next to the email.
3. Check the categories in your inbox: Your emails are automatically organized into tabs. For example, you might find a discount email from a shopping site in the “Promotions” tab.
4. Find your email: Use the Search box to quickly find your email. To filter your results, inside the Search box, click Show search options Show search options.
5. Manage emails before you open them: You can quickly manage emails by right-clicking to do things like move, archive, mute, filter, or open in a new window. However, if you send the wrong message to someone, you can even undo the sending. You need to turn on Undo Send to get more time to view emails before sending.