How to make UPI payments without Internet connection: Step by step instructions
Has this ever happened to you when you were sending money online using Google Pay, Paytm, PhonePe or any other UPI payment service and your Internet connection stopped working for some reason? If yes, then *99#, a mobile banking service based on USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data), might be really helpful for you. It allows you to request and send money, change your UPI PIN and even check account balances without an internet connection.
* 99 # service brings banking services to people all over the country. It is offered by 83 leading banks and 4 telecom service providers and can be accessed in 13 different languages including Hindi and English. Here’s how you can set up and make UPI payments offline.
Set up offline UPI payments
Dial 99 # on your smartphone or feature phone. However, make sure that you are using the same phone number to make this call that is linked to your bank account, or the service will not work.
Then choose yours desired language and enter yours Bank name.
You will be shown a list of bank accounts associated with your number, so select the account you want to use by tapping the correct option.
Now enter the last 6 digits of your debit card with expiration date.
Once you’ve successfully set it up, you can make UPI payments without an Internet connection, as explained in the next steps.
Make UPI payments offline
- Dial * 99 # on your phone and enter first Send money.
- Select your desired option and enter the UPI ID / phone number / bank account number of the person you want to send money to.
- Then enter the amount and your UPI PIN.
- Once completed, your payment will be made successfully and you will be charged a maximum of Rs. 0.50 per transaction when using the *99# service.
Currently, the upper limit of this service is Rs. 5,000 per transaction. Try this and let us know in the comments if this helped.
For more instructions, visit How to section.
To know the latest technology news and evaluatefollow Gadgets 360 on Twitter, Facebookand Google News. For the latest gadgets and technology videos, subscribe Youtube Channel.