CHICAGO (CBS) – The Lake County Sheriff’s Office needs help naming two new members of the canine.
The sheriff’s office is still choosing which pair of German shepherds to cut back into the canine unit, and wants local students to help them name the dogs.
The dog unit already has five dogs – Boomer, Dax, Duke, Ranno and Ryker – named by kids in the area.
Any student in Lake County, Illinois, in grades K-12 may participate by Submit name ideas online.
The rules of the naming process are as follows:
- Public, private and homeschooled students are invited to participate
- Children must have permission from the teacher/school and/or parent/guardian
- Children must be sponsored by their teacher or parent/guardian
- Children must currently be enrolled in (or homeschooled) grades K-12
- Each student is allowed to participate once, per dog (two entries total)
- All information on the form is required for the vote to be counted
- The winning name will be selected by the Lake County Sheriff’s Office
The Department will select the winners, and students who have chosen the winners will be invited to attend the swearing-in ceremony for the new canines.
The deadline for submission of names is noon on March 25. The link to submit name ideas is on the sheriff’s website.