Description: Have you entered the globe of football betting for the first time? Delve in to know more! We know you must be facing difficulties with the technicalities related to football betting. Well, worry not because the News7h team and Tim Harrison are here to help.
A to Z Football Sports Betting Guide by Tim Harrison
Football is undoubtedly the most popular sport watched and played in different parts of the world. But the craze does not stop there. People also love exploring the football betting world. Most sports bettors love placing their bets on football tournaments, and we couldn’t blame them! The football matches are so incredibly entertaining that people from age groups want to bet on them.
Moreover, betting on football is also more profitable than other sports. But for placing good bets, you need to understand the football betting market trends and strategies. If you are new to sports betting, clearing up the basics should be your first concern.
If you need a guide, the News7h betting experts are here at your service. We recently interviewed Tim Harrison from BetZillion world, where he discussed football betting in detail. With his guidance and the help of our brilliant team members, we have come up with this exclusive football betting guide for you. So keep reading to know more!
Football Betting Terminologies You Should Know
Before you start betting, you need to get accustomed to a few important terminologies used in football betting now and then. If you do not know what these terms mean, you cannot place smart bets. So read below to learn all the latest football betting terminologies:
- Vig or Juice: The juice or vig of a bet is simply how much you need to bet to win a certain amount. For instance, if the juice is set at $110, you need to bet $110 to win $100.
- Push: If your bet ends in a tie to what you predicted, it’s called a push. For example, if you predicted that the match would continue over 50 points and the final score is 28-22, you do not win the bet. However, you get the initial bet amount credited back to your account for a push. So here, you are neither winning nor losing anything!
- The hook: If you win or lose a bet by 0.5 points, it is called a hook. For example, if you place a bet on an underdog at +4.5 and the team loses by 4 points, you will win the bet by the hook.
- Parlay: This term combines multiple bets that you can place on several teams or players. You need to get all the guesses correct to win a parlay bet. The more the number of bets combined, the higher the win.
- Future Wager: If you are betting on an event that will take place for months, you can place future wagers on various conferences, divisions, league championships, etc.
How can You Read Football Betting Odds?
To place bets of any kind, you must know how to read the odds. The odds display the predictions by the experts of the bookies. If you want to follow their guesses, you should understand what each odd means. Here are the ways how you can read various types of football betting odds:
- You will see a three-digit number in front of every team name called the rotation number. When you place bets, you need to know the rotation number of the team because no ticket writer will consider the team name. It is because team names often cause confusion among the dealers and the bettors.
- There will be two teams on display in the point spread odds corner, a favorite and an underdog. The favorite will have a minus sign beside it, and an underdog will have the plus sign. The number beside the sign is the score by which the team has to win.
- The total odds show the number of points the winning team will score. It is also called the over or under bet because you can place your wagers on whether the team will score over or under certain points.
- In moneyline odds, you are shown the odds with a dollar sign. For instance, if the moneyline odds on a favorite team is $110, you need to bet $110 to win $100. Here, your total collection will be $210. Similarly, there can be an odd where you need to bet $100 for an underdog to win $130. Here, the total collection is $230. Remember, these are just examples, and the actual odds vary greatly.
Football Betting Strategies from the News7h Experts
News7h betting experts suggest you apply a few strategies whenever betting on football. But before that, there is no sure bet for any sports. Hence, even after using the correct strategy, you might not win, and that’s fine. The ultimate motive of betting should be fun and not making profits. Regardless, we would like to share some helpful football betting strategies.
Experts recommend that beginners avoid complicated bets and choose something simpler. For example, if you are new to football betting, go for goalscorer bets or match bets. Those are comparatively easier than parlay or spread bets. You should also place more bets on familiar markets if you want to win without hassle.
Similarly, do not bet for a league that you hardly watch. Just because the same team is playing in both the events does not mean they have the same chances of winning the match. In addition, the competition, statistics, and other aspects of the games will be entirely different, affecting the odds considerably. Hence, you need to place bets on only those leagues you watch and know of.
Keep yourself aware of all the minute details of the football betting market. Be it the history of a team or their format, you should know it all. But, of course, gaining such in-depth knowledge on any subject cannot be one day’s business. So you need to take it slow and be patient. Gradually, you will see that you are placing wiser bets. Also, try to keep a record of your past wagers. This record will help you understand what kind of bets you win more and help you decide your future wagers more effectively.
Which Betting Sites are the Best for Football Betting?
As per Tim Harrison from BetZillion, the betting expert, the best betting sites have a legal betting license, easy interface, great design, multiple secure payment options, and an excellent customer support team. Well, not many betting sites can meet this requirement. However, a few that we like are:
- William Hills
What Are the Unique Features to Use While Football Betting?
The two most unique features you can enjoy in football betting are live betting and live streaming. These features will provide a more interactive experience while placing bets on your favorite teams.
What Are the Payment Options Provided by the Football Betting Sites?
Joining a site with multiple secure payment options is always a good idea. Gladly, several betting sites, especially the ones mentioned above, offer various safe deposit and withdrawal methods. A few of which are:
- Debit and credit cards
- Bank Transfer
We hope that now you have a clear mind about what football betting looks like and how it works. Trust us; it is not rocket science; hence, you cannot expect to place profitable bets from the first day onwards. You will need to learn the strategies, apply them daily, and gradually learn how things fit in place. We are sure you will be able to do it!
So what are your thoughts on football betting? Do not forget to share with us!