We may make money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Hey everyone!!! Last weekend, I had some great news! I was nominated for Liebster Award 2018 by @twithsarah. What exactly is the Liebster Prize, you ask? The Liebster Awards 2018 is an Internet-only Award and is given to bloggers by other bloggers. The earliest instance of this award dates back to 2011. Liebster in German means sweetest, best, most beautiful, dearest, beloved, lovable, kind, agreeable, precious. , cute, likable and welcoming.
In order to be nominated for my nomination, there are certain rules that need to be applied:
- Link this post to the official blog post
- Answer the questions given to me by @twithsarah
- Create a question for the people I choose to nominate
- Comment and link this post directly to the official Liebster website
To officially accept this nomination, I need:
- Thanks to the person who nominated me and included a link to their blog
- Show award pictures on my blog
- Write about what makes me passionate about blogging
- Provide 10 random facts about me
- Nominate 5-11 other blogs that I feel like blogging about this award
- List these rules in my post
- Notify everyone/blog that I am nominated for the Liebster Prize
First of all, I would like to give a big thank you and hugs to @twithsarah for nominating me for the 2018 Liebster Award. She is a teacher in her twenties from the UK who loves to sing karaoke. , travel, video games and summer. She is a new blogger and has been blogging since January 2018. She was not only nominated for the Liebster Award but also nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award 2018.
Check out her website here
I love her blog post titled Confessions of a New Blogger. Being a new blogger myself, it’s easy to get hooked and feel overwhelmed with all the information out there on how to start your own blog. Her views on not spending tons of money on blogging and not writing one post a week really make me nervous. Simply because I don’t have the money to set aside or the time to write every week. I’m widowed girl!
That’s not to say we aren’t passionate about blogging. Blogging for me is something I’ve wanted to do for quite some time now. I love to share my stories and life experiences with others in the hope that someone can find something useful or relevant in their life. So why not share with the world?!? In the words of Helen Reddy, I’m a Woman, Hear Me Boom! Yaaaassssss!!!
Back to the Liebster Award nomination… this award allows others to discover new blogs and for bloggers to get to know other bloggers. Here are 10 random facts about me:
- Like @twithsarah, I also love Karaoke and secretly love American Idol would like. LAUGH! But alas, I’m past my age and not really that good, so if anything, I’ll decide to be the judge instead. Haha! You should see me while I’m watching the show. Oh so fascinating, you moved me, or I see potential but you still need to find your voice, don’t give up, try again next year…😂
- I like Salt & Vinegar Chips and it should be Kettle chip brand.
- I got my first brand new car when I was 16 because I got an A in school and I didn’t even know how to drive. It was a red 1986 Pontiac Fiero.
- I am going to Thailand in December for a wedding. Very interesting! I will definitely blog about that.
- I would love to one day help build a home for a family in need of Habitat for Humanity.
- I learned how to play Stand by me on the guitar to surprise my husband and sing to him for our 15th wedding anniversary vows in Maui 💕.
- I love taking my girls to concerts. The last time we went was last month and we saw Demi Lovato, DJ Khaled and Kehlani.
- I like dancing! Not professional, of course. I just love getting up and shaking my booty when I hear my jam!
- My all time favorite song is California Hotel by Eagles. It’s a classic and I just love the guitar solo at the end.
- I love summer, tropical beach vacations and tropical drinks with little umbrellas.
Here are the questions @twithsarah asked me and my answers:
Who is your style icon? Why? I really love Reese Witherspoon’s style. She has a classic beauty and her fashion is always right whether it’s casual jeans and a white t-shirt or walking the red carpet. I also like her hairstyle. She is classy and stylish.
Do you have any New Year Resolutions for 2018? What are they and do you keep them?Well, I started the new year with a list of solutions. Some of them are to read more books, save money on our trip to Thailand, lose 20-25 lbs., drink more water, spend quality time with family and start a blog . I was able to read a little more, though not as much as I would have liked. I also opened a separate savings account for our Thailand trip. Weight loss is an ongoing process (don’t judge). Family time is always a challenge because the kids have so many activities and they keep both me and my husband very busy. This is also an ongoing process.
What I’m most proud of is that I started a blog!!!
I launched my blog on February 8th and it’s been an interesting ride so far, especially with this nomination.
How would you say blogging has impacted/changed your life or lifestyle? I’d say I’ve become more aware of how I live or do things. I have read several blogs that have suggested to live a life worth living and blogging. So in that sense, I constantly keep in mind what I or my family is doing and always think, this is something i can blog about.
What is your favorite movie? Briefly describe the plot for those who haven’t seen it. My favorite movie of all time is Notebook. It’s a story based on Nicholas Sparks’ novel about young love. Allie and Noah Allie’s upper-class parents break up early just to be reunited, and their passion is rekindled again after many years. Allie must then choose between her soul mate and the classroom order. A timeless love story told by a now-aged Noah with his wife Allie, who has Alzheimer’s disease (hint in the crying ugly girl, I 😭).
How do you want your blog to evolve in a year?I would love to see my blog get more traffic and followers. I would love to see my blog succeed and one day I can monetize my blog so I can blog full time and work from home.
What is your favorite food? Can you recommend a great recipe for us to make it and try it out? I love all types of food, but I have to say my favorite would be anything lemon (is that a word?). One of my newest recipes that my family and I really enjoy is Chicken Picatta. I just got one Instagram and this recipe was one of the first concoction I tried. Turned out pretty good! It will definitely be a family favourite.
What would you say are the challenges new bloggers face today? I believe the challenges new bloggers, like myself, are facing today are trying to grasp and understand all the information that is out there on how to blog and how to get started. Other challenges for new bloggers are trying to get people to notice and read your blog, find a way to make your site work and look good, decipher what widgets and plug-ins are 🤦🏻 ♀️, use social media and email to drive traffic and where to put those damn codes! Phew! It’s a loaded question right?
How do you manage your time as a blogger? Is it hard to match preferences around your lifestyle?Hmmmm… good question. I’m still trying to figure this out. I work full time and am a busy mom of 3. I try to work on my Blog alternating between work and family. I find it very difficult to fit into my lifestyle blogging. Finally, I want to make this interests into something more. I realized that all good things take time and hard work. It can take me longer than most things.
What countries/cities should be on your bucket list to travel to? Why? My dream is to travel the world or at least travel to a country on every continent. So far I have been to North America, South America, Europe and Asia. There are still many countries, states and cities that I would like to see in those continents, but I really want to see Australia, Africa and Antarctica because then I have been to every continent and will finish. a life of my dreams.
We bloggers use social media (Facebook and Twitter) a lot. What is your opinion on social networks? Do you think it’s a force for good or causes more problems than it’s worth? I feel social media is a great way for bloggers to get attention and express themselves on it, especially when we use the right hashtags, more give Twitter and Instagram.Pinterest seems to be one of the top social media platforms bloggers can use to increase their traffic. Social media can be very challenging at times. However, apps like Wind in the same direction or Booster board great for helping schedule your pins. Buuuuut, I’m still trying to figure out how to do all that. Again, it will be a Slow Process.
These are my questions to my Liebster Award nominees:
- If you could be a flower/plant, what would you be and why?
- Hurry up, what song is playing in your head right now (or what was the last song you heard)? What does the song remind you of or what memories come to mind?
- What do you think people will say about you at your funeral/eulogy?
- When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up and can you achieve that dream?
- Why did you start blogging? Is that all you think?
- If you could turn any activity into an Olympic sport, what would it be and why?
- If you could be any Disney character, who would you be and why?
- What advice would you give your 13-year-old self? Why?
- Want to be noticed or known? Why?
- If you were stranded on a deserted island, what 3 items would you bring? Why?
- If you had a choice (and you had to choose one), would you rather be a rapper or a singer?
Hope you enjoyed this post. Before I go, I’d like to nominate the new bloggers below. They are all great new bloggers with great stories to share. I can’t wait to see where their blogging adventures will take them. I am so excited to read their Liebster Awards blog! Congratulation all of you!
@ LoriAndrews22 LivinLifeWithLori.com