Lille vs Lens betting tips and predictions
Lille will play with Lens at Stade Pierre-Mauroy on Saturday for their next match Ligue 1 game.
Lille come into this match after a 1-1 draw against Gerald Baticle’s Angers in the tournament. An own goal by Portuguese midfielder Tiago Djalo for Angers was canceled out by a goal by Kosovo international Edon Zhegrova for Lille.
On the other hand, Lens beat Nice with a score of 3-0 recently. A second-half brace from young attacker Arnaud Kalimuendo and a goal from Malian midfielder Cheick Doucoure helped sign Franck Haise’s Lens, who brought on left-back Massadio Haidara in the first half. Nice had Gabonese midfielder Mario Lemina and veteran Brazilian centre-back Dante came on in the second half.
Lille vs Lens Head-to-Head and Key Number
- In 12 confrontations between the two sides, Lille has a clear advantage. They won eight games.
- Lens won two games while the other two ended in a draw.
- Canada international Jonathan David has scored 13 goals in the league this season, while the Portuguese midfielder Renato Sanches scored five league assists for Lille.
- Veteran Turkish striker Burak Yilmaz scored 16 goals last season, but have only scored four so far. The 36-year-old also scored three assists for Lille.
- As for Lens, Paris Saint-Germain loanee Arnaud Kalimuendo has scored 9 goals in the tournament. Right-back Jonathan Clauss has 9 assists.
Lille vs Lens Prediction
Lille surprised the football world when she won Ligue 1 last season, but is 7th in the table this season. They have exciting young talents like Jonathan David, Renato Sanches and Sven Botman on their roster, and it looks like Lille could be in for a major roster upheaval this summer.
David, Botman and Sanches are three of Lille’s better performers this season. Veteran stars like Burak Yilmaz and Jose Fonte have also joined, but Lille could face some big problems next season.
On the other hand, Lens is ranked 8th on the chart, 1 point behind Lille. Right-back Jonathan Clauss has been in incredible form this season, and deserves his recent France debut. Malian midfielder Cheick Doucoure has been linked with Aston Villa and Tottenham Hotspur, while Ivory Coast international Seko Fofana is one of the best midfielders in Ligue 1.
Guess: Lille 1-0 Lens
Bonus 2 for 1 new player at Barstool
Lille vs Lens Betting Tips
Tip 1: Result- Lille
Tip 2: goals over / under 2 goals – under 2 goals
Tip 3: Lille to keep a clean sheet- Yes