Live Action Avatar: The Last Airbender Show reveals 20 new members
A huge new cast list has been announced for Netflix’s Avatar: The Last Airbender live-action project, including some big names and key characters. New additions include George Takei, Prey’s Amber MidthunderDanny Pudi of the Community and more.
Below is the full list of new members and their roles as described in Netflix’s press release.
- Amber Midthunder (Prey, Roswell) as Princess Yue, the benevolent leader of the Northern Water Tribe.
- A Martinez (Cowboy Bebop, Ambulance) as Pakku, a veteran waterbending master of the Northern Water Tribe and a fierce defender of their tradition.
- Irene Bedard (Pocahontas, The Stand) as Yagoda, an empathetic healer who serves as a role model for the waterbenders of her tribe.
- Joel Oulette (Trickster, Ruby and the Well) as Hahn, a strong and skilled warrior with unwavering loyalty to his tribe.
- Nathaniel Arcand (Heartland, FBI: Most Wanted) as Chief Arnook, Princess Yue’s father and respected leader of their tribe.
- Meegwun Fairbrother (Burden of Truth, Mohawk Girls) as Avatar Kuruk, a former Avatar with a haunted past.
- Arden Cho (Partner Race) as June, a tough and persistent bounty hunter known for ruthless efficiency.
- Utkarsh Ambudkar (Ghosts, World’s Best) as King Bumi, the ancient and benevolent ruler of the Earth Kingdom city of Omashu.
- Danny Pudi (Mythic Quest, Corner Office) as the Mechanic, an eccentric inventor and engineer trying his best to raise his son in a war-torn world.
- Lucian-River Chauhan (Encounter, Heartland) as Teo, the idealistic and high-flying son of the Mechanic.
- James Sie (Stillwater) as the Cabbage Trader, a longtime vegetable seller in Omashu.
- Momona Tamada (Secret Headquarters, One: Thunder God Tale) as Ty Lee, an energetic and optimistic teenager and one of Princess Azula’s best friends.
- Thalia Tran (Raya and the Last Dragon, Little) as Mai, an unfilial and half-hearted teenager who, along with Ty Lee, is one of Princess Azula’s closest allies.
- Ruy Iskandar (Yes Day, Benders) as Lieutenant Jee, the first officer of Prince Zuko’s ship.
- Hiro Kanagawa (Altered Carbon, The Man in the High Castle) as Fire Lord Sozin, the ruthless and ambitious former ruler of the Fire Nation and the grandfather of Fire Lord Ozai.
- CS Lee (Dexter, Warrior) as Avatar Roku, a wise and benevolent past Avatar from the Fire Nation.
- François Chau (The Expanse, American Gigolo) as The Great Sage, the revered spiritual leader of the Fire Nation and guardian of Avatar Roku’s temple.
- Ryan Mah (The Good Doctor, Snowpiercer) as Lieutenant Deng, Zhao’s second in command.
- George Takei (Star Trek, Resident Alien) as Koh, an ancient predatory spirit.
- Randall Duk Kim (Kung Fu Panda, John Wick) voices Wan Shi Tong, a spirit that appears in the form of a giant owl and is also known as the Spirit of Knowledge.
The roster includes characters from across the vast world of The Last Airbender, including the Water Tribe, Fire Nation, and Earth Kingdom, as well as two of the spirits from the mysterious and dangerous Spirit World. The characters also spanned multiple seasons of the original animated series, though it’s unclear if they all appeared in the Netflix show’s first season.
George Takei, who will voice the dangerous spirit Koh, has participated in voicing the animated series, playing the warden of a Fire Nation prison. Also returning from the original show is James Sie, who will reprise his iconic role as the Cabbage Dealer.
New actors announced to join a The main cast includes Gordon Cormier as Aang, Kiawentiio as Katara, Ian Ousley as Sokka and Dallas Liu as Zuko. The big bad of the series, Fire Lord Ozai, will be played by Daniel Dae Kimwhile some other supporting roles was announced last year.
The series begins filming last year and ended in June 2022, with reports that each episode cost more than $15 million to make. The first season will consist of eight one-hour episodes.
The products discussed here are independently selected by our editors. GameSpot may receive a share of the revenue if you purchase anything contained on our website.