Liverpool earn €100m to sign Benfica striker Darwin Nunez
The summer transfer window is approaching and there are a lot of rumors surrounding who will move where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest gossip, information coming and going and of course, Transactions done!
TOP STORY: Liverpool earn €100m for Nunez
Liverpool is said to have offered 100 million euros to sign Benfica striker Darwin Nunezbased on Record.
Nunez, 22, has been on the radar of several Premier League clubs this season, with Manchester United, Arsenal, Newcastle and West Ham all want him. Europe’s elite clubs are also watching him, with Liverpool clearly leading the way as they look to improve their forwards with the possibility of his departure. Sadio Mane this summer.
The Uruguay The international has scored 34 goals in 41 games this season for Benfica and is said to have a €150m release clause in his contract.
But Liverpool won’t spend that much to sign Nunez, so Benfica may need to think twice about their latest offer.
– Daily ESPN FC live stream on ESPN+ (US only)
– No ESPN? Instant access
11.05 BST: Right-back of Shakhtar Donetsk Dodo within the sights of Barcelona, according to Diario Sport.
Dodo, who has been compared in style to Dani AlvesHe has a contract with Shakhtar until 2025 but is said to be keen to move this summer if possible.
Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, Fiorentina and Tottenham have all been linked with the Brazilian, who wants a new challenge beyond Russia’s invasion of Ukraine, where he spent the last three years of his career. me.
United States international Sergino Dest is the only right-back with a contract at Barca until the end of this month. Alves’ short-term contract expires on June 30, although he has yet to sign an extension, while Sergi RobertoTerms are also raised this summer.
However, sources revealed to ESPN that Roberto has agreed to a one-year extension with a drastically reduced salary. An official announcement is expected on Friday. Barca have also been linked with a move for the Chelsea right-back Cesar Azpilicuetawhile they are also watching Noussair Mazraouiwho recently joined Bayern Munich from Ajax.
10.49 BST: Chelsea’s Marcos Alonso says he wants to return to Spain but any move away from Stamford Bridge this summer is contingent on the club sanctioning a transfer.
Alonso, 31, has been closely linked with a move to Barcelona under a Chelsea contract that expires in 2023.
“I have one more year left on my contract,” he told radio station Onda Cero from camp Spain, where he is preparing for the UEFA Nations League match against Switzerland on Wednesday. “I said before I wanted [return to Spain], but it doesn’t depend on me. Obviously the desire to play in Spain one day is there. “
Barcelona’s financial situation won’t allow them to pay a large fee for Alonso, so they are depending on the new Chelsea owners agreeing to let the left-back go on the cheap.
Alonso, meanwhile, is hopeful that after six years of service and just 12 months left on his contract, the Premier League side will open the door for a transfer this summer. Barca are also preparing to sign the Chelsea midfielder Andreas Christensen free when his contract expires at the end of the month, while Cesar Azpilicueta To be a goal, too.
10.11 BST: Paris Saint-Germain coach Mauricio Pochettino believes the Barcelona winger Ousmane Dembele is an attractive option for any club.
Dembele, 25, is expected to leave Barcelona at the end of this month when his contract expires. The France international has so far turned down a contract extension offer from Barca and is a target for Chelsea and PSG.
When asked about the possibility of meeting Dembele at PSG, Pochettino said: “He is French. The situation is favorable. He can be signed with any big club… he is a player who has exploded in popularity this season. He has quality. great quality and for his record, PSG might be interested in him, but I wouldn’t say he’s on the agenda.”
09.49 BST: Juventus has entered into negotiations with Atletico Madrid over the signing of a permanent contract Alvaro Moratabased on COPE.
Morata, 29, has spent the last two seasons on loan from Atletico Madrid at Juventus, with Juve having the right to sign him for 35 million euros by June 15.
Juve want Morata to stay at the club beyond this summer but are looking to strike an agreement with Atletico to reduce that transfer fee.
Morata has a contract with Atletico until June 2023 but wants to stay in Italy.
09.20 BST: Reported target of Manchester United and Tottenham Alessandro Bastoni has no intention of leaving Inter Milan this summer.
Bastoni, 23, is under contract with Inter until June 2024. The Italy international has attracted the attention of several Premier League clubs after a strong season with Nerazzurri.
“As for my future, I have two years left on my contract with Inter so I’m very calm,” he said. “The club hasn’t informed me about anything so I’m really calm. I’m focusing on the national team, then I’ll go on vacation and join Inter for pre-season training at Appiano Gentile. “
Bastoni made 44 appearances for Inter last season.
08.55 BST: AC Milan are moving to recruit midfielder Lille Renato Sanchesspeak Fabrizio Romano.
Sanches, 24, has reshaped his career in France after moving to Bayern Munich for a potential €80m in 2016 when he was 18. replace Franck Kessie, who will join Barcelona this summer.
Romano insists Milan have reached an oral agreement with Sanches, but talks are still ongoing over a transfer fee.
08.19 BST: Paul Pogba spoke publicly for the first time since he left Manchester United and said he is looking forward to “enjoying” himself at his next club.
Last week, United announced that Pogba would be leaving the club on a free transfer for the second time after his contract expires at the end of June.
Sources have told ESPN that the midfielder is set to return to Juventus and Pogba has said he wants to enjoy his football again in the future.
“I just want the best for me,” he said Uninterrupted on Tuesdays. “I’m thinking, putting everything together, taking my time and I’m just looking for the best, I want to play football, always be myself and enjoy what I do.
“I need to enjoy what I do because otherwise I can’t perform well. I don’t want to think negatively. We can lose games, titles but you have to have fun and enjoy yourself – that’s it. what I’m looking for.”
08.00 BST: Aurelien Tchouameni will join Real Madrid from AS Monaco on a five-year contract, sources told ESPN.
The Champions League winners and the Ligue 1 side have reached an agreement on a deal worth up to €80 million plus add-ons with the player undergoing a medical examination before the transfer is complete. .
Madrid have seen competition from Paris Saint-Germain and Liverpool to land Tchouameni with both clubs trying to convince the player to follow in his footsteps. Kylian Mbappe and rejected the Spanish giants.
In May, ESPN reported that the midfielder had decided to choose Madrid despite interest from Liverpool and PSG.
Gab Marcotti and Julien Laurens discuss Carlo Ancelotti’s success after he became the first manager to win the Champions League four times.
PAPER GOSSIP (by Danny Lewis)
– Juventus get impatient with Paris Saint-Germain‘S Angel Di Mariawho will become a free agent after June 30, with Barcelona also showing an interest in the Argentinian, reports Calciomercato. The Serie A side want the winger to sign a two-year contract, while he wants to stay with them for a season before returning to his homeland. With Di Maria looking to weigh his options, Juventus insist they won’t wait long.
– Villarreal man in front Gerard Moreno entered Barcelonathey are thinking as they aim to buy a striker this summer, as reported by Diario Sport. The Blaugrana see the striker position as an important area to strengthen and, while Bayern Munich‘S Robert lewandowski is still a priority, they are looking at alternatives in case Poland The international situation has become too complicated. Barca coach Xavi Hernandez feels that Moreno meets his requirements, having scored 13 goals in 27 games last season and despite his €100 million release clause, the Yellow Submarine is ready to negotiate. and could accept around 40 million euros – a figure similar to what the Catalans plan to invest to sign Lewandowski. However, competition for the 30-year-old’s signature is expected, like Atlético Madrid reportedly see him as a possible replacement for Luis Suarez.
– Chelsea willing to subsidize some Romelu Lukakuwages when the Belgian player tries to loan back Internazionaleas reported by Evening Standard, who added that the Blues are asking him to take a pay cut as well. If the striker leaves, they want to bring in a replacement specialist with new owner Todd Boehly willing to pay a fine of £ 200 million to rebuild the squad. Coach Thomas Tuchel is also ready to give strikers Armando Broja a chance to impress in pre-season after the Albania international was noticed during his loan spell with Southampton.
– On Wednesday, midfielder Luka Modric will sign a one-year contract extension to stay with Real Madrid until 2023, as reported by PLAIN. Negotiations are going on simply because both sides want to stay together, and Modric will fly to the Santiago Bernabeu to sign a contract before rejoining him. Croatia teammate.
– RB Leipzig is considering a move for Spartak Moscow midfielder Alex Kralbased on German skyy. The Czech Republic international has played a single minute in the Premier League during his season on loan at West Ham United. There have been initial exchanges between the player’s management and RB Leipzig, who could be marked as a loser Konrad Laimer and Amadou Haidara. They also opened the door for the USMNT star to offload Tyler Adams if a suitable offer arrives.
– Corriere dello Sport provided an insight into Roma’s possible run in the summer transfer window, saying Roger Ibanez, Stephan El Shaarawy and Nicolo Zaniolo could be among the different players leaving. However, it will not be all departures with Manchester Unitedas a free agent Nemanja Matic, Lille‘S Zeki Celik and Bodo / Glimt’s Ola Solbakken all potential contracts.