MLB The Show 22 It’s been out for over a week (slightly longer if you pay for the Digital Deluxe Edition) and has had consistent content tweaks and updates. However, developer Sony San Diego Studio has now rolled out its first major update since day one patch; it solves some problems (like repeating instructions) while adding ‘new player images’ throughout the game.
We have to manually trigger the update on the Switch (press ‘+’ on the game’s HOME screen window followed by ‘Software Update’ and ‘Over the Internet’) and it might be soon released automatically. Here are the full patch notes (which is version 1.0.3 for the Switch version).
- Fixed a bug that prevented Home Managers from making calls in certain situations.
- Fixed an issue that sometimes prevented the timer from pausing the countdown when the controller was disconnected.
- Fixed a rare issue that could cause the game to freeze when balls were thrown into the penalty area.
- Players pressing R2 to view pitching history will no longer affect the correct pitch of pitching gestures towards defenders. If R2 is pressed simultaneously or after the pitching motion is initiated, R2 will no longer interrupt the defending user. If the batter presses R2 before the pitching motion begins, the motion will not begin.
- Fixed a bug that could cause freezes on or around 3B in certain situations.
- Users will now be notified when their pitcher is tired with 25% mana remaining.
- Continue to balance pitcher Energy in 3 innings: We’ve reduced pitcher mana by 15% but more importantly, we’ve also reduced mana lost per pitch. This will help you to be able to use your reliever medication longer and more effectively.
- DEVICE NOTE: You might think this is a backlash from the update we put out on 4/12 where we increased RP and SP mana, but this re-balance, namely a decrease energy is lost on each pitch, which will eventually result in the pitcher being able to throw more pitch.
- Fixed an issue that caused soft locking to occur when performing a pinch-hit replacement.
- Fixed an issue that caused users to get stuck on specific screens when teammates or opponents gave up before entering the game.
- Fixed an issue that could cause problems when users open the voice chat menu while losing connection.
- Changes made to role rotation in 3v3. The user will now switch to baserunner after hitting the ball.
- Fixed an issue where active hitters would lose their hit if a batter was stolen to end a round.
- Added a rumble of the controller when pressing L2 to queue steal as base.
THE ROAD TO ACCESS
- Fixed an issue causing active privileges to not work during gameplay if active privileges were set in the 4th privilege slot.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Ball Player from showing in the Ball Player Center.
- Text adjustments vary throughout the mode.
- Fixed an issue where incorrect team logos would display in Mini Season games.
- Fixed an issue that could prevent or cause a delay for users from trying to enter the game.
- Various fixes.
- Fixed an issue where some award-winning players were incorrectly listed in the group.
- Fixed an issue that could cause MLB teams to have too many players in a certain position on their playoff roster.
- Fixed an issue where incorrect letter points were displayed for trainers available for hire.
- Improved the Intentional Base criterion on Balls for CPU.
- Fixed an issue where All-Star appearances were not recorded during simulation in certain situations.
- Fixed an issue in a Rule 5 draft that could cause a user’s pick to be skipped and send drafted players to the next team in draft order.
- Fixed an issue where the Woman of the Year Awards did not list all players.
- Fixed an issue where referee calculations could result in wages below the MLB minimum.
MARCH TO OCTOBER
- Fixed an issue where player stats were missing after joining a saved fast track game.
- Fixed an issue that prevented Umpires from appearing in the intro scenes.
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes lock created stadiums when they were uploaded. Those stadiums will now be accessible in the vault.
- Fixes and adjustments made to different props and night light.
- Fixed an issue that caused instructions to display multiple times.
- Various text adjustments.
- Addresses an issue that causes the screen to flicker black during pitch selection.
- Introducing the Nike City Connect Houston Astros uniform.
- Over 400 new player images can now be seen throughout the Franchise/MTO and on the jumbotrons stadium.
- Fixed an issue where incorrect team logos would appear on the CIN jumbotron.
- Fixed an issue where the LAA jumbotron would display incorrect defensive positions to players in the squad.
- Users can now skip through diamond cinematic package presentations by pressing the square (PlayStation) / X (Xbox) / Y (Nintendo Switch) twice.
- More than 600 new player images can be seen throughout the Diamond Dynasty, My Inventory and Player Card screens.
- Fixed an issue that caused the wrist guard to display incorrectly in-game.
- Various comment and presentation adjustments and bug fixes across all modes.
- Various fixes.
We’ll see how the update works out in a little while with the game. One area where it is still lagging behind is with a few listings, although if it follows the trends of previous years, they will likely be updated on Friday (April 15).
Let us know in the comments if you’re playing MLB The Show 22 on Switch.