Manchester City vs Real Madrid for Rafael Leao’s signature
The summer transfer window is approaching and there are a lot of rumors surrounding who will move where. Transfer Talk brings you all the latest gossip, information coming and going and of course, Transactions done!
TOP STORY: Man City joins Leao race
AC Milan star Rafael Leao has attracted attention from some of the biggest clubs across Europe recently, but Mercato’s feet pointed out that City of Manchester now plan to join the race for his autograph.
Pep Guardiola’s side are said to see the 22-year-old striker as a potential replacement for Raheem Sterling.
Leao has been involved in a number of important goals for Rossoneri last season, with a total of 19 goals contributed across 34 games in the Serie A title-winning campaign. That has seen him linked with Real Madridwith Gazzetta dello Sport reported last week that the Santiago Bernabeu hierarchy is ready to part with 120 million euros to secure Portugal international service.
But with Man City and Paris Saint-Germain Following Leao, a transfer war could soon erupt if one of the three European giants wants to take one of Milan’s best prospects a formal approach.
– Daily ESPN FC live stream on ESPN+ (US only)
– No ESPN? Instant access
10.17 BST: Neymar has said that he hopes to stay at Paris Saint-Germain next season and has set his sights on winning the club’s first Champions League title.
Sources have told ESPN that The French champions let Neymar transfer this summer but be aware that his salary, which costs PSG around €35m a year, could prove an obstacle for clubs interested in a potential deal.
Neymar has three years left on his existing contract and says he is focused on winning more trophies in the French capital next season.
“My ambition has always been the same: to win every possible title,” he told Canal Plus. “Play well and win the World Cup and Champions League. This is my ambition for next season.
“It has to be with Paris. I have a contract with PSG, so there is no choice. Yes, it will be with PSG.”
10.00 BST: PSG agreed signed a contract with left-back Sporting CP Nuno Mendes for 40 million euros.
Mendes, 19, was on loan at the French club last season but has an option to make the deal permanent, which has now been activated.
The Portuguese international made 37 appearances, provided two assists and was nominated for the Ligue 1 Young Player of the Year award.
09.24 BST: Newcastle United have announced the appointment Dan Ashworth as their new sporting director.
Ashworth could finally join the Magpies and kickstart their transfer business after he stepped down as technical director of Brighton & Hove Albion in February and was given a garden break.
The 51-year-old previously worked as technical director of the British FA for six years, during which time the national team reached the semi-finals of the FIFA World Cup and won three tournaments at different youth levels. .
With Eddie Howe securing a mid-table spot during the manager’s previous term, the club’s Saudi-backed owners and Ashworth will now be making plans for this summer’s transfer window.
08.41 BST: Inter Milan CEO Giuseppe Marotta says he’s hopeful Paulo Dybala will play for them next season.
Dybala, 28, has not been offered a contract extension at Juventus and will leave the Turin giants after seven campaigns at the club. The Argentina international is being targeted by top European clubs.
“I don’t know where he will play next season,” Marotta said. “But the hope is that he can play for us.”
Dybala has scored 9 goals and added 5 more in 26 appearances for Juve last season.
08.00 BST: Striker Robert lewandowski says that his Bayern Munich career is over and that he cannot imagine staying with the German champions.
“One thing is for sure today – my story with Bayern is over. After everything that has happened in recent months, I cannot imagine a better partnership,” Lewandowski said. Monday during a press conference on international obligations to Poland. “I feel a transfer would be the best solution for both parties.”
Bayern sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic said earlier this month that Lewandowski had informed the club’s boss that he wanted to leave, confirming reports that the player’s second-highest career goalscorer was The Bundesliga can leave even though it has a contract until 2023.
Barcelona coach Xavi Hernandez said the club are interested in signing Lewandowski and confirmation talks have begun.
“Yes, Lewandowski is an option,” Xavi said at a press conference earlier this month. “He has said that he wants to leave, there are talks, but he still has a contract at his club. It will not be easy, being Bayern, but it is an option.”
PAPER GOSSIP (by Adam Brown)
– Bayern Munich are leading the race for RB Leipzig star Konrad Laimerwrite Fabrizio Romano. The Bundesliga champions are said to have placed a bid in the region of 20 million euros for his service, but the latest information suggests that Leipzig are reluctant to part with the 25-year-old midfielder, who has played prominently for him. them last season.
– Wolfsburg interested in buying AC Milan forward Ante Rebicbased on Calciomercato. The 28-year-old has recently been linked with a move away from the San Siro, scoring just two goals in 24 appearances across Rossoneri’s Serie A. Championship season. Having coached him before, it is reported that Wolfsburg manager Nico Kovac wants to welcome Rebic back to the Bundesliga.
– Barcelona preparing to bid farewell to their B team captain Arnau Comaswrite Sport. The 22-year-old defender has been at the club for 12 years, and after failing to find Xavi Hernandez’s first-team career, he decided to switch in search of a regular starting place. It is reported that he has received a number of offers from teams in Spain, as well as a number of teams across Europe.
– Manchester City seem to have decided on their next plan after signing Erling Haalandwith a dual barge planned for Marc Cucurella and Kalvin Phillipsreport Mirror. Pep Guardiola is looking to buy two Premier League stars this summer, with the 26-year-old Leeds United midfielder Phillips is understood to be available for around £50m. For Cucurella, 23, Brighton are said to be looking for around £30m for the left-back, who enjoyed an impressive campaign at the Amex Stadium last season.