Manitoba well being officers say six individuals with COVID-19 have died and 494 new infections have been recognized within the final three days.
The brand new instances embrace 156 reported Monday, 155 reported Sunday, and 183 recognized Saturday.
North Dakota able to welcome Manitoba vacationers, buyers with open arms
Saturday’s case rely marks the very best one-day leap in infections reported within the province since June 18, in response to information saved by International Information.
There are at present 1,377 lively COVID-19 instances in Manitoba. The province’s five-day take a look at positivity fee sits at 5.4 per cent.
Grand Forks providing free PCR assessments to Canadians
Well being officers additionally launched particulars of three deaths reported Friday. The province’s 9 newest COVID-19 deaths embrace:
- a girl in her 40s from Northern well being area linked to an unspecified variant of concern (reported Friday);
- a girl in her 90s from Prairie Mountain Well being linked to an unspecified variant of concern and the outbreak at Benito Private Care Residence (reported Friday);
- a person in his 70s from Prairie Mountain Well being and linked to the outbreak at Well being Sciences Centre GD2 (reported Friday);
- a girl in her 70s from Prairie Mountain Well being linked to an unspecified variant of concern (reported Saturday);
- a girl in her 80s from Prairie Mountain Well being linked to the outbreak at Benito Private Care Residence (reported Saturday);
- a person in his 70s from Southern Well being (reported Saturday);
- a girl in her 70s from Southern Well being (reported Saturday);
- a girl in her 80s from Winnipeg well being area linked to an unspecified variant of concern (reported Sunday); and
- a girl in her 70s from Southern Well being (reported Sunday).
The brand new instances reported Monday embrace 56 from the Southern Well being area, 53 from the Winnipeg Well being area, 31 from the Prairie Mountain Well being area, 9 from the Interlake-Jap Well being area, and 7 from the Northern Well being area.
In response to provincial knowledge, 70 of Manitoba’s newest infections are amongst individuals but to be vaccinated. Ten have been partially vaccinated and 76 have been absolutely vaccinated.
Regardless of making up roughly 15 per cent of Manitoba’s whole inhabitants, the Southern Well being area has been reporting the very best day by day case numbers for weeks now.
COVID-19: Manitoba studies 130 new instances, 3 deaths
The area additionally has a a lot decrease fee vaccine uptake than different components of the province.
Whereas practically 87 per cent of the eligible inhabitants has acquired not less than one shot province-wide, simply over 68 per cent of these eligible in Southern Well being have been immunized, in response to a provincial web site monitoring vaccination efforts.
The Southern Well being district can also be driving COVID-19 hospitalization charges, with the realm reporting the bulk — 61 sufferers — of the 141 hospitalizations reported province-wide as of Monday morning. There have been 118 sufferers in hospital on account of COVID-19 reported Friday.
Can I get a COVID-19 vaccine but in Manitoba? The right way to ebook it and the place to go
Fifteen of the 26 individuals in ICU resulting from COVID-19 are additionally from the Southern Well being area, well being knowledge reveals.
Since March 2020 Manitoba has reported 64,701 lab-confirmed COVID-19 instances and 1,262 deaths linked to the virus.
Well being officers reported a number of new COVID-19 outbreaks at well being amenities Monday.
Outbreaks have been declared at:
- Well being Sciences Centre GD4 medical unit in Winnipeg;
- Third Crossing Manor Private Care Residence in Gladstone;
- Neepawa Well being Centre in Neepawa; and
- Russell Well being Centre in Russell.
All 4 amenities have been moved to crimson, or important on the province’s pandemic response system.
Winnipeg to audit hockey arenas for proof-of-vaccine checks
In the meantime well being officers stated beforehand declared outbreaks have ended at at Well being Sciences Centre GD2 surgical procedure unit, École St. Malo College cohort grades 5 and 6, Springs Christian Academy Lagimodiere campus and Gentle of the North Covenant Church.
© 2021 International Information, a division of Corus Leisure Inc.