News

Marysville Hampton Inn: 13 people hospitalized due to dangerous levels of carbon monoxide at an Ohio hotel swimming pool



Police Chief Tony Brooks said the Hampton Inn in Marysville was evacuated Saturday after a 911 call reported the young woman was unconscious.

“Shortly after this call, the local 911 Center received additional calls (involving) unconscious subjects in and around the pool area,” Brooks told CNN by email. “Others describe symptoms as dizziness and burning in the throat.”

Nine people, including a 2-year-old child, were taken to a local hospital, and four others went to the hospital on their own, Brooks said, adding that their condition was not known. Two other people were medically evaluated at the scene and were not hospitalized.

“We have confirmed life-threatening levels of carbon monoxide in the hotel pool area and we have transported several people to a local hospital,” Marysville Fire Chief Jay Riley said. told CNN in an email. “We continue to investigate the source and (we are) glad that no one died from exposure.”

Marysville is about 30 miles northwest of Columbus.

Carbon monoxide is an odorless and colorless gas that can cause illness and sudden death. Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning include headache, dizziness, weakness, upset stomach, vomiting, chest pain as well as confusion. US Centers for Control and Prevention.



Source link

news7h

News7h: Update the world's latest breaking news online of the day, breaking news, politics, society today, international mainstream news .Updated news 24/7: Entertainment, Sports...at the World everyday world. Hot news, images, video clips that are updated quickly and reliably

Related Articles

Back to top button
Immediate Peak