Meet the best coconut water beat 11 offenders!
It’s the middle of summer now, and unfortunately, the end of the hot flashes isn’t ahead. We’re all (in dire need of) a soft drink, and while cocktails, mocktails, and refills might be on your list, I’m looking for the very best coconut water for your vacation- budget this summer can buy.
Have you ever thought what is the best drink of coconut water? So did I – that is, until a few weeks ago when I was standing in front of the fridge with drinks. I succumbed to one thought: Is there any tangible difference between the bottles I’m staring at? Feeling inspired, I personally picked up bottles of coconut water from the shops around me. It’s time to determine the best coconut water once and for all.
If you’re familiar with our Taste-Off series (join the debate about the best pasta sauce at the grocery store and share your two cents on the best canned salsa), then you’ll know things get hot. Whenever I collect my taste checklist, I’m always amazed by how true brand loyalists can be. The taste is a little different, but our team has come to an agreement on the best coconut water to keep cool during summer days. You are in to enjoy a refreshing treat.
The railings rank for the best coconut water
Unlike other flavors and pies, we approached this in a slightly different way. Between organic options, sweet rotation, and canned coconut water, we tried every competitor with an open mind and plenty of thought.
Of course, we wanted our coconut water to have a hint of coconut. We also didn’t want the flavors to get mixed up, instead being pure enough to drink alone while also doubling as a beverage mixer. And there’s no fun aftertaste here — we’re after drinkable, unadulterated coconut water.
We’ve created a sweetness scale to suit every taste. Some tasters want sweet coconut water while others don’t want added sugar. Use our scale below to help Determine your preferences.
Like comparing apples and oranges, instead of ranking all of these against each other, our taste testing team picked their winners in each of the following categories:
- Best coconut water for juices and cocktails
- Best neutral coconut water for smoothies
- Best coconut water drink
Keep scrolling to find the coconut water flavor winners!
Coconut water ranked by sweetness
From sweetest to sweetest, see below for our tasting notes across the board.
11. Taste of Nirvana. According to our rankings, Taste Nirvana is the least sweet (but still fresh and delicious!). Many tasters’ notes have indicated that this has a slightly salty tint that will go well with mixed drinks.
10. C20. This coconut water has a very neutral, almost subtle taste. The note mentions that this one feels like drinking cold water the most.
9. Vita Coco Pressed. Tasters were pleasantly surprised as this was almost silky smooth and coconut milk-like. Compared to other options, Vita Coco Pressed has a thicker mouthfeel than the others, possibly because it includes actual coconut. While some consider this one to be sweeter than other Vita Cocos, the overall rating still holds this one at the lower end of the sweetness scale. Tasters also claim that this is the best coconut of the bunch. Many of us agree that this would be fine for a smoothie.
8. Whole Foods Organic Whole Foods. While the difference between WF 365 Organic and Regular Coconut Water is nominally best, taste testers claim that the organic version is the best. scornful fruit than the regular version.
7. Regular whole foods. See above.
6. Hey organizers. Taste testers say this coconut water is quite neutral with an aftertaste that leans slightly towards the sweeter side.
5. Vita Coco Organic. Similar to Whole Foods coconut water, taste testers noted little difference in taste between Vita Coco Organic and regular drinks. Overall, both options are decent – just sweet enough.
4. Vita Coco Regular. See above.
3. Harmless Harvest. Testers noted it was the most naturally sweet of the bunch. The taste is slightly fruity and sweet, making people enjoy it.
2. Iberian. This selection is one of the few that contains added sugar, and tasters have noted a mild vanilla flavor in this variety that most of the group enjoys. It is definitely sweeter and would pair well in a cocktail.
first. Goya. The sweetest of them all, this coconut water has a fruity and very tropical flavor. The drink is sweeter than coconut water, but still enjoyable.
Best coconut water for delightful summer drinks and cocktails
For the ultimate summer party drink, our group is deciding between Iberia and Goya. In the end, Iberia came out the winner because of the need to blend. While the added sugar makes it sweeter, this one has a pure coconut flavor that our testers preferred over Goya. We’ll be making this cocktail and summer treat with coconut water when we want something sweeter.
Best neutral flavored coconut water to blend
Our crew named C2O the winner for the most neutral flavored coconut water. Testers say they would use this for a healthier juice or smoothie because they can trust that the coconut water won’t overpower the other ingredients. C2O will also be the choice that tasters will rely on for their water supply during these hot summer days.
Best coconut water drink
As for the best coconut water that the testers would drink on their own? Harmless Harvest! The taste is a wonderful balance between fruit and coconut, and tasters have named this variety a winner for its independent taste. We will definitely stock up this summer.
Of course, there are plenty of other coconut water to try, so we had to know: Do you agree with our taste testers? What is your coconut water choice? Let’s hear it in the comments section below!