Mother charged with child murder after son, 4, died of THC gum

One Virginia The mother is facing murder and child abandonment charges after her 4-year-old son died from ingesting marijuana gum earlier this year.

According to investigators, Dorothy Annette Clements did not get help quickly enough for her son, Tanner Clements, after he was found unresponsive back in May at the home they visited. .

Tanner died two days later, NBC San Diego report.

Detective finds empty jar of THC gum in home, poison, autopsy results show extremely high THC levels

Clements told detectives her son ate half a CBD marshmallow, adding that she called poison control and was told he would be fine, the search warrant document asserts.

However, a detective said she found an empty jar of THC gum in her home and that final toxicology results showed that Tanner had extremely high levels of TCH in his system when he died.

An autopsy showed that THC, the active ingredient in marijuana that causes people to rise, was the cause of the boy’s death.

Authorities say he could have survived if his mother had gotten help for him faster.

Pediatric emergency room doctor says any amount of THC can be a problem for kids

Jill McCabe, a pediatric emergency room physician at Inova Loudoun Hospital, says that any amount of THC can be a problem for children. News4 Washington.

And with weed being legalized in more and more states, it’s a problem many children are facing across the country.

“THC gum certainly carries a risk of harm to children in any quantity. There are many reasons for that. One is that the packaging doesn’t include any kind of child-resistant mechanism,” says McCabe. “They also look like candy and so they’re something that, when kids come across them, most kids will put the thing in their mouths and eat them.”

CommCans signature cannabis gummies are stocked to order, where they are ready for purchase at the CommCans Millis store. Packing and selling cannabis products is seen at the CommCans facility in Millis, MA on October 27, 2021. (Photo by Erin Clark/The Boston Globe via Getty Images)

McCabe adds that parents should lock down any THC product, which is unregulated and can vary widely in strength.

Maryland mom describes developing incident after her toddler arbitrarily ingests edible THC

A parent in Maryland told News4 last year that her toddler had accidentally eaten a marijuana that had been prescribed to her to sleep.

Elizabeth Perry said: “He was unusually comatose. “…I was putting him to sleep and laying him down, he started shaking and crying and looked at me with a very scared look.”

Oliver was taken to Anne Arundel Medical Center while having a convulsion as his vitreous continued to decrease. Doctors ran tests on the boy, and he was even intubated and transported to Children’s National Hospital in Washington DC.

After 36 hours, Oliver finally made a full recovery, but only because his mother acted quickly according to McCabe.

A call to Poison Control, 1-800-222-1222, may be enough if the child has mild symptoms.


News7h: Update the world's latest breaking news online of the day, breaking news, politics, society today, international mainstream news .Updated news 24/7: Entertainment, Sports...at the World everyday world. Hot news, images, video clips that are updated quickly and reliably

Related Articles

Back to top button