NFL standings: AFC, NFC playoff image update for Week 16 of the 2021 season
The 2021 NFL season is coming to an end with the end of a new 17-match schedule with just three full weeks remaining. Here’s a look at the updated leaderboards and playoff picture looking at Week 16.
The League still keeps the playoff playing field open, with 14 of the 32 teams (43.8%) set to qualify for the most recent post-season. That number includes 7 people who attended the AFC and NFC, only the No. 1 seed said goodbye thanks to the home field advantage.
Who will join, who is still in contention, and who will think about next season? Here is a comprehensive view:
NFL POWER RANKINGS:
Packers go to No. 1 as Buccaneers, Cardinals drop; Chiefs, Cowboys Rise in Week 16
NFL Standings for Week 16
Pictures of the AFC playoff match
Who will participate?
1. Kansas City Chiefs (10-4), 1st place, AFC West. The Captain returned to the top seed spot after beating the Chargers in extra time in Week 15. That status lasted until Week 16 with the Patriots losing to the Colts and Titans, who defeated the Captain in Week 7, lost to the Steelers at Week. 15. Captains need a win to keep going through the victorious Titans in Week 16. The Captains welcome the next Steelers on a trip to meet another No. 1 seed and bid farewell to home advantage. They will also take another championship with a win. Remaining schedule: at CIN, at DEN
2. Tennessee Titans (10-5), 1st place, AFC South. The Titans jumped in here after rallying to beat the 49ers to usher in Week 16, a major bounce after their tough loss to the Steelers in Week 15. They’re currently in a good position to make sure they does not lose its solid position on the rankings. They will repeat as Southern champions if they get another win or the second-place team loses. They’ll jump to #1 again with Remaining schedule: vs. MIA, at HOU
3. Cincinnati Bengals (9-6), 1st place, AFC North. The Bengals tore the Ravens net for the second time to complete a season in Week 16 and take complete control of the league. They are winning 4-1 in the split, have also taken down the Steelers, They come up here with a loss to the Patriots, which puts the Bills in first place in the AFC East. The Bengals hold a draw against the Bills based on a 7-3 conference record. Remaining schedule: compared to KC, at CLE
4. Buffalo Bills (9-6), 1st place, AFC East. Bills beat the patriots to jump here. They parted the season with the Patriots but the Bills kept the throne thanks to a better division record, with an excellent 4-1 score and one East game left, at home against the Jets in Week 18. The Bills. are in great form to win the Division for the second straight season with another home game against the lowly NFC Falcons in Week 17. Buffalo wants to avoid wild card mayhem, and everything is done. Remaining schedule: vs. ATL, vs. NYJ
5. Indianapolis Colts (9-6), second place, AFC South. The Colts followed up their massive Week 15 win over the Patriots with another Week 16 win at the Cardinals. They remained firmly at the top of the Wild-card race as the Patriots and Chargers lost again in Week 16. The Colts will no longer win this division after losing twice to the Titans, but winning three games. play above. 500 means the knockout round is coming to an end for the second consecutive season. Remaining schedule: versus LV, at JAX
6. New England Patriots (9-6), second place, AFC East. The Patriots fell from the top of the group to second when they lost to two teams that were leading them in consecutive games. They’ve cooled down on their short losing streak but can still enjoy a playoff spot as they also have a crucial head-to-head win over the Chargers, who also lost in Weeks 15 and 16. . Remaining schedule: versus JAX, at MIA
7. Los Angeles Chargers (8-7), second place, AFC West. The Chargers fell heavily in a big loss to Texas in Week 16, continuing to hang on to a tough extra-time home loss to the Captains in Week 15. They remain in the playoffs thanks to a good head-to-head record. slightly more than Raven also lost. (5-5 vs 5-6). But they’ve made things more difficult on their own to land at least one wild card with two difficult division games remaining. The division is out of reach. Remaining schedule: versus DEN, at LV
Who can go there?
8. Baltimore Raven (8-7)
9. Pittsburgh Steelers (7-6-1)
The Ravens did not change positions after the loss to the Bengals but blew their chances of regaining first place in the AFC North. They will be hoping the Steelers lose to the Chiefs to at least stay in a virtual match for 7th place with the Chargers. The Steelers faced another must-win scenario at the Chiefs after
Who’s going out?
10. Las Vegas Raiders (7-7)
11. Miami Dolphins (7-7)
12. Denver Broncos (7-7)
13. Cleveland Browns (7-8)
14. New York Jets (4-11, eliminated)
15. Houston Texans (4-11, eliminated)
16. Jacksonville Jaguars (2-13, eliminated)
The Browns fell further, losing at the start of Week 16. The Dolphins continued to win their six-game streak but they were trying to create too many points after a 1-7 start, especially with the logjam. front. The Broncos are in the same boat after starting the season 3-0. Raiders have been tough for a while. The winning Jets team kept up with the winning Texans by beating the Jaguars in Week 16.
NFL DRAFT 2022: Fake draft | Big table of top 100 leads
NFC playoff images
Who will participate?
1. Green Bay Packers (12-3), champion, NFC North. The Packers built on their NFL best record by beating the Browns at home in Week 16 for a fourth straight win with hot Aaron Rodgers. They are a win less than last year’s total with two games remaining. They will remain the favorite #1 seed in Week 17, a game against many teams. They have a head-to-head win over the Rams to claim a crucial tiebreak. They haven’t played the Cowboys or Buccaneers yet, but they have a strong conference record (8-2) to help them continue to break ties. Remaining schedule: compared to MIN, at DET
2. Los Angeles Rams (11-4), first class, NFC West. The Rams revived their championship chances by beating the Cardinals in Arizona in Week 14 through the entire series of the season. They took first place by beating the Seahawks in Week 15 and soon reaped the big benefits when the 49ers and Cardinals lost their opening Week 16. The Rams have earned at least one playoff spot by beating Viking. It’s now a two-team race for the title in the final two weeks, but the finish line is tough for both teams. Give Los Angeles a one-game lead. Remaining schedule: at BAL, compared to SF
3. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (11-4), champion, NFC South. The Buccaneers recovered from a painful loss in their home division to The Saints in Week 15 to route the Panthers hit the road in Week 16. After winning Super Bowl 55 as a wild card playoff team , they won their first championship with Tom Brady at the helm. They are still in a difficult position to regain the No. 1 seed, as the Packers (conference record) and Rams (head to head) draw them. They will only need to draw with the Cowboys, whom they beat in Week 1, to Remaining schedule: at NYJ, versus CAR
4. Dallas Cowboys (10-4), 1st, NFC East. Cowboys, who have won at least one spot in the wild, can end up in any position between 1 and 4 because of the tie breakers’ play. Their biggest asset is their excellent conference record (8-1), better than any of the top NFC contenders. The Cowboys will take the championship in Week 16 with a win over Washington or a win over the Raiders before they play despite the Eagles taking a second-place win. Remaining schedule: compared with ARI, at PHI
5. Arizona Cardinals (10-5), 2nd place, NFC West. The Cardinals are relegated here after losing their third straight game in Week 16 at home to the Colts and losing 3-5 after starting 7-0. The Lions’ loss to the Colts after that shock also makes the split race much tighter, as the Rams are now a full game ahead after they beat the Vikings in Week 16. If the Cardinals and Rams end ended in a draw, the Cardinals for now still hold the split reconciliation record after they split their season streak with the Rams. Remaining schedule: at DAL, compared to SEA
6. San Francisco 49ers (8-7), third place, NFC West. The 49ers cooled down to open up Week 16 by losing to the Titans in the top lane, having beaten the Falcons at home in Week 15 and the Bengals in the top lane in Week 14. Though they might stop entertaining thoughts about doing so. Capture the Rams or Cardinals to win the division’s crown. They have important wins against the teams behind them, the Eagles and Vikings. They also held a lightweight conference-record tiebreak (6-5 versus 5-5) against the Saints. Remaining schedule: versus HOU, at LAR
7. Philadelphia Eagles (8-7), 2nd place, NFC East. The Eagles jumped into the playoff spot thanks to a loss to Vikings that was one game behind. They will be ahead of the Saints going into Week 17 no matter what happens to them on Monday night, thanks to a head-to-head win over the Saints in Week 11. The Eagles still have a slim chance of winning the East. like the Cowboys could wrap things up in Week 16, before the teams finish the season together in Week 18. Remaining schedule: at WAS, compared with DAL
Who can go there?
8. New Orleans Saints (7-7)
9. Minnesota Vikings (7-8)
10. Atlanta Falcons (7-8)
11. Washington football team (6-8)
12. Seattle Seahawks (5-9)
The Saints lost to the Eagles on head-to-head record after losing at Philadelphia in Week 11. The Vikings lost to the Rams to fall behind, but still led the winning Falcons because of a better head-to-head record. The Washington and Seahawks are about to have their last real chance in Week 16.
Who’s going out?
14. Carolina Panthers (5-10, eliminated)
14. Chicago Bears (4-10, eliminated)
15. New York Giants (4-11, eliminated)
16. Detroit Lions (2-11-1, eliminated)
The Panthers join this official non-playoff club by suffering a crushing defeat to the Buccaneers in Week 16. The Giants are stuck in last place in the NFC East with all of their injuries. The Bears were eliminated with them in Week 15. The Lions lost in Week 16 for a slight change after a nasty win over the Cardinals.