The 2021 NFL season is coming to an end with a new 17-game schedule and just two games left for every team. Here’s a look at the updated standings and the looking playoff picture Week 17.
The League still keeps the playoff playing field open, with 14 of the 32 teams (43.8%) set to qualify for the most recent post-season. That number includes 7 people who attended the AFC and NFC, only the No. 1 seed said goodbye thanks to the home field advantage.
Who will join, who is still in contention, and who will think about next season? Here is a comprehensive view:
NFL POWER RANKINGS:
Cowboys, Bills, Eagles Rise; Patriots, Steelers, Browns fall in Week 17
NFL Standings for Week 17
Pictures of the AFC playoff match
Who will participate?
1. Kansas City Chiefs (11-4), championship, AFC West. The captain won his sixth straight divisional title with the Steelers’ Week 16 cruise after the Chargers suffered a crushing defeat to the Texans. To claim the No. 1 seed, home advantage and only goodbye in the AFC knockout stages, they maintained their one-game lead against the Titans, whom they lost their head-to-head tie to Tennessee. in Week 7. The captains will take another 1st place with a Week 17 win over the Bengals and a loss to the Titans. Remaining schedule: at CIN, at DEN
2. Tennessee Titans (10-5), 1st place, AFC South. The Titans jumped in here after rallying to beat the 49ers to open Week 16, a massive rebound from their tough AFC loss to the Steelers in Week 15. For now, they’re well positioned to go. make sure not to lose your place on the leaderboard. They will repeat as Southern champions if they get another win over the Dolphins or the second-placed Colts lose. They will jump to No. 1 again with a win and a loss for the Chiefs. Remaining schedule: vs. MIA, at HOU
3. Cincinnati Bengals (9-6), 1st place, AFC North. The Bengals tore the Ravens net for the second time to complete a season in Week 16 and take complete control of the league. They are winning 4-1 in the split, have also taken down the Steelers, They come up here with a loss to the Patriots, which puts the Bills in first place in the AFC East. Team Bengal hold a draw against the Bills based on a 7-3 conference record, but it will be tougher to stay here with the captains at home next. However, a win would win the championship. Remaining schedule: compared to KC, at CLE
4. Buffalo Bills (9-6), 1st place, AFC East. The Bills beat the Patriots at Week 16 to jump up here. They parted the season with the Patriots but the Bills kept the throne thanks to a better division record, with an excellent 4-1 score and one East game left, at home against the Jets in Week 18. The Bills. are in great form to win the division for the second straight season with another home game against the underperforming NFC Falcons in Week 17. Buffalo wants to avoid wild card mayhem, and everything is done. Remaining schedule: vs. ATL, vs. NYJ
5. Indianapolis Colts (9-6), second place, AFC South. The Colts followed up their massive Week 15 win over the Patriots with another Week 16 win at the Cardinals. They remained firmly at the top of the Wild-card race as the Patriots and Chargers lost again in Week 16. The Colts will no longer win this division after losing twice to the Titans, but winning three games. play above. 500 means the knockout round is coming to an end for the second consecutive season. A win over the Raiders would secure that landing. Remaining schedule: versus LV, at JAX
6. New England Patriots (9-6), second place, AFC East. The Patriots fell from the top of the group to second when they lost to two teams that were leading them in consecutive games. They have long cooled on their short losing streak but can still feel content about a playoff spot as they also have a crucial head-to-head win over the Chargers, who also lost in Week 15. and 16. Patriots will punch a playoff ticket with victory over Jaguars and Dolphins or Raiders lose. Remaining schedule: versus JAX, at MIA
7. Miami Dolphins (8-7), third place, AFC East. The Dolphins had everything going their way with the teams ahead of them in the AFC in Week 16 to allow them to move into an inevitable position, the ultimate reward for winning seven games in a row after kick-off. head 1-7. The Dolphins control their playoff path if they win the last two, they’ll enter the tournament. They beat Raven but lost to the Raiders. They have the same conference recording as the Charger, whom they don’t play. However, the last two matches were very difficult. Remaining schedule: at TEN, compared to NE
Who can go there?
8. Los Angeles Chargers (8-7)
9. Las Vegas Raiders (8-7)
10. Baltimore Raven (8-7)
The Chargers failed here after losing in Texas. Currently, they are leading the Raiders having beaten them in Week 4. The teams play against each other in Las Vegas in Week 18. Both teams were jumped by the Dolphins and joined by Raven after the Dolphins won on Thursday night. Two.
Who’s going out?
11. Pittsburgh Steelers (7-7-1)
12. Cleveland Browns (7-8)
13. Denver Broncos (7-8)
14. New York Jets (4-11, eliminated)
15. Houston Texans (4-11, eliminated)
16. Jacksonville Jaguars (2-13, eliminated)
The Steelers fell here after being moved to Kansas City with the deal and wild cards now feeling out of reach. The Dolphins need to beat the Saints on Monday night to revive their chances and will also jump Raven for 7th place. The Browns and Broncos are crashing below the .500 level. The winning Jets team kept up with the winning Texans by beating the Jaguars in Week 16.
NFC playoff images
Who will participate?
1. Green Bay Packers (12-3), champion, NFC North. The Packers built on their NFL best record by beating the Browns at home in Week 16 for a fourth straight win with hot Aaron Rodgers. They are a win less than last year’s total with two games remaining. They will remain the favorite #1 seed in Week 17, a game against many teams. They have a head-to-head victory over the Rams to claim a crucial tiebreak. They haven’t played the Cowboys or the Buccaneers yet, but they have a strong head-to-head record (8-2) to help them break ties even further. The Packers will take 1st place with a win over the Vikings plus a loss to the Cowboys. Remaining schedule: compared to MIN, at DET
2. Dallas Cowboys (11-4), championship, NFC East. The Cowboys won the division and made a statement by stomping on Washington in Week 16. Their greatest asset is their stellar conference record (9-1), better than any other contender. Which top NFC tablet. Because of a three-way tie, despite losing head-to-head to the Buccaneers, they got ahead of the Rams and Buccaneers, just one game behind the Packers, before facing the Cardinals in Week 17. Remaining schedule: compared with ARI, at PHI
3. Los Angeles Rams (11-4), first class, NFC West. The Rams revived their championship chances by beating the Cardinals in Arizona in Week 14 through the entire series of the season. They took first place by beating the Seahawks in Week 15 and soon reaped big benefits as the 49ers and Cardinals opened with a loss in Week 16. The Rams have earned at least one playoff spot by beating Viking. Los Angeles will win the championship with a win in Baltimore and a loss in Arizona to Dallas. Remaining schedule: at BAL, compared to SF
4. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (11-4), champion, NFC South. The Buccaneers recovered from a painful loss in their home division to The Saints in Week 15 to route the Panthers hit the road in Week 16. After winning Super Bowl 55 as a wild card playoff team , they won their first championship with Tom Brady at the helm. They are still in a difficult position to regain the No. 1 seed, as the Packers (conference record) and Rams (head to head) draw them. They will only need to draw with the Cowboys, whom they beat in Week 1, which is unlikely. Remaining schedule: at NYJ, versus CAR
5. Arizona Cardinals (10-5), 2nd place, NFC West. The Cardinals, who have won a playoff spot like the Rams, dropped here after losing their third straight game in Week 16 at home to the Colts and leading 3-5 after starting 7-0. The Lions’ loss to the Colts after that shock also makes the split race much tighter, as the Rams are now a full game ahead after they beat the Vikings in Week 16. If the Cardinals and Rams end Ending in a draw, the Cardinals for now still hold the split reconciliation record after they split their season streak with the Rams. Arizona won a playoff spot. Remaining schedule: at DAL, compared to SEA
6. San Francisco 49ers (8-7), third place, NFC West. The 49ers cooled off to open up Week 16 by losing to the Titans in the top lane, having beaten the Falcons at home in Week 15 and the Bengals in the top lane in Week 14. Though they might stop entertaining thoughts about it. capturing the Rams or Cardinals to win the division’s crown. They have important wins against the teams behind them, the Eagles and Vikings. They also held a slight conference-record tiebreak (6-5 vs. 5-5) against the Saints. The 49ers could claim a playoff spot with a win over the Texans plus a loss to the Saints. Remaining schedule: versus HOU, at LAR
7. Philadelphia Eagles (8-7), second place, NFC East. The Eagles jumped into the playoffs by losing to the Vikings being one game behind. They will be ahead of the Saints entering Week 17 no matter what happens to them on Monday night, thanks to a head-to-head win over the Saints in Week 11. The Eagles can no longer win the NFC East after the Cowboys surrounded every Tuesday will take place in Week 16, before the teams wrap up the season against each other in Week 18. The Eagles can secure a spot in the group with a win over Washington. They will also need a Vikings loss and a Saints loss or 49ers win. Remaining schedule: at WAS, compared with DAL
Who can go there?
8. Minnesota Vikings (7-8)
9. Atlanta Falcons (7-8)
10. New Orleans Saints (7-8)
The Saints, who lost to the Dolphins to finish Week 16, also lost to the Eagles in head-to-head record after their loss at Philadelphia in 11. The Vikings lost to the Rams to fall back, but they still took a lead over the Falcons win for the win. Better conference performance.
Who’s going out?
11. Washington football team (6-9)
12. Carolina Panthers (5-10, eliminated)
13. Chicago Bears (5-10, eliminated)
14. Seattle Seahawks (5-10, eliminated)
15. New York Giants (4-11, eliminated)
16. Detroit Lions (2-12-1, eliminated)
Washington fell heavily at Dallas and fell here. The Panthers joined the non-playoff club officially by losing badly to the Buccaneers in Week 16. The Seahawks did the same, losing to the existing Bears with the same record. The Giants are stuck in last place in NFC East with all their injuries. The Bears were eliminated with them in Week 15. The Lions lost in Week 16 for a slight change after a nasty win over the Cardinals.