Update [Thu 20th Oct, 2022 03:00 BST]: Second letter Nintendo Switch Sports The patch is out now. This brings the game to Version 1.2. Here’s what’s included in this small update, courtesy of Nintendo Japanese support page (via Nintendo Everything):
Version 1.2.3 (Release October 19, 2022)
– We made a fix for players who couldn’t solve the software closing issue even when applying the previous update (Version 1.2.2).
– After the update, some players may find that the order of “Accessories (heads)” in “Custom” will be different from before the update. This will not affect gameplay.
Original story [Tue 18th Oct, 2022 02:45 BST]: Not long after Nintendo released an update for Nintendo Switch Sports Last week, it was requested Temporarily suspend the implementation due to an error causing the game to crash. Recently it said it would be released two updates to solve this problemand the first one is now officially working.
This new update, which is basically just a fix, brings the game to Version 1.2. Once players have installed this update, they will be able to access online play again. Here are the full patch notes, as provided by Nintendo’s official support page:
Version 1.2.2 (Release October 17, 2022)
We fixed a bug that occurred during pre-match loading under certain conditions, causing the software to close.
This update data (Version 1.2.2) may not solve this issue for some players, so we are preparing to distribute the next update data (Version 1.2. ) for them.
Nintendo has also gone into more detail about a separate support page about the next update. Here is the full summary:
Second update (scheduled for release – October 19, 2022)
Data Update (Version 1.2.3) – Expected Release Date: October 19, 2022 (Wednesday)
- Backups of saved data will continue to serve after this update.
- For some players, the order of items in the “Accessories (heads)” section of “Customization” will be different from the order it was in before the update. This will not affect game play.
If you are currently a member of Nintendo Switch Online and happen to own Nintendo Switch Sports, your membership will be extended by one week (details will be shared in the future on this). And between October 17 and November 2, points earned for playing “Play Globally” will also be doubled across all sports:
- Usually, 1.1x to 1.3x points are awarded in “Random” or in a sport.
- There are plans for a method to collect missed rewards for the time being. More details will follow in the near future.
Have you downloaded this update for Nintendo Switch Sports yet? Noticed anything else? Leave a comment below.