The Loons will start off with a win over Minnesota, which they have failed to win in their last three meetings with the latter team since July 2021.
Portland maintained their good record, winning 2-1 over Atlanta United last Sunday. They have now won their last three games, scoring six and scoring three since a 4-1 loss to Sporting Kansas City on August 22.
With 42 points from 30 games, the Timbers are seventh in the Western Conference standings, three points behind LA Galaxy outside of their place in the knockout stages.
Meanwhile, Minnesota was once again empty-handed when losing with a score of 0-3 to FC Dallas last time. It was followed by a similar 3-0 loss to Real Salt Lake on September 1, a match that saw their three-game winning streak come to an end.
With 44 points from 29 games, Minnesota is fifth in the West but could move up to third with all three points this weekend.
Portland Timbers vs Minnesota United Head to head and key numbers
- With eight wins in the last 16 meetings between the two teams, Minnesota boasts an outstanding record in this game.
- Portland has racked up five wins in this period, while three have ended it all.
- The Timbers are unbeaten in three games against the visitors, with two wins and a draw.
- Minnesota entered the weekend on a losing streak, conceding six goals and scoring none.
- Portland has won its last three games, scoring six and conceding three since a 4-1 loss to Sporting Kansas City in August.
Portland Timbers vs Minnesota United Prediction
Portland is firing on all cylinders and heads into the weekend as a strong contender against a Minnesota team that has lost its last two games. A one-sided relationship with the home team winning all three points can happen then.
Guess: Portland Timbers 3-0 Minnesota United
Portland Timbers vs Minnesota United Betting Tips
Tip 1: Result – Portland
Tip 2: Both sides score – Right (Both teams have scored in five of their previous seven meetings.)
Tip 3: Over 2.5 goals – Right (Three or more goals were scored in five of the last seven meetings between the teams.)