Raju Srivastava was born Satya Prakash in 1963. The comedian breathed his last on September 21. Here are 10 interesting facts about the famous comedian.
Raju Srivastava’s birth name is Satya Prakash.
- Raju Srivastava passed away on September 21.
- He was admitted to AIIMS Delhi on 10 Aug.
- Here are 10 things to know about the legendary comedian.
The untimely departure of Raju Srivastava has left a void in the television and film industries. Celebrities and his fans have taken to social media to offer condolences over the death of their favorite comedian. A few days ago, Raju complained of chest pain while practicing. He was rushed to the hospital where he underwent treatment. He took his last breath on August 19. In this section, we list 10 lesser known facts about Raju.
10 THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT RAJU SRIVASTAVA
1. Raju Srivastava was born Satya Prakash Srivastava on December 25, 1963. He belongs to a middle-class family in Kanpur.
2. Raju’s father, Ramesh Chandra Srivastava, is a famous poet. He is affectionately known as Balai Kaka.
3. Raju participated in the comedy show Great Indian Laughter Challenge, which made him famous.
4. He started acting with Anil Kapoor’s film, Tezaab, in 1988.
5. During his career, he played a fictional character named Gajodhar. Since then, fans have called him Gajodhar Bhaiyya.
6. He also played a cameo role in Shekhar Suman’s comedy series Dekh Bhai Dekh in 1994.
7. The comedian is also a part of the beloved superhero series in India, Shaktimaan.
8. It was his stand-up comedy performances that won the hearts of audiences before he became an actor.
9. He also starred in Nach Baliye Season 6, which premiered in 2013.
10. He was once India’s highest paid comedian.
— END —