There must be a crossover on Breath of the Wild Venn diagram between “people who really, really want all 900 Korok Seeds” and “people who don’t mind cheating to get all 900 Korok Seeds”, right? Good news for them: They can have their Korok and eat it, with this newly discovered item duplication incident!
The copy glitch is suitable for anything that can be stacked – star shards, arrows, materials, food, etc.
Here are the steps, as described by Gaming Reinvented:
- Visit any store, including Beedle’s travel store
- Drop the item you want to copy (or the entire stack if you want multiple)
- Make sure you no longer have the item in your inventory
- Grab a multi-shot bow and shoot a shock arrow
- Release the bow
- Repeat steps 4 and 5, five or six times
- When Link starts to malfunction in inventory (see image below), keep as many popular items as possible
- Stop the game
- If you do it right, Link will keep the items in the inventory, but not in the outside world
- Pick up bows (so you can repeat mistakes)
- Talk to the shop owner and sell the popular items you “keep” in stock
- Select the item you want to copy
- Go to your inventory and “stop keeping” popular items
- This will replace them with duplicates of the scam entry!
It’s time to be scared, Koroks. We are about to steal all your seeds.