RISK SIGNS OF LOCAL PRODUCTS WITH VOLLEYBALL
SACRAMENTO – Sacramento State Volleyball Team Head Coach Ruben Volta announced today that Pleasant Grove High School settler Savannah Risley has signed a National Letter of Intent and will be entering the College as a freshman in the fall.
Risley is the fourth signatory of the 2022 recruiting class, a list that includes St. John Endicott High School Ashlynn ArcherBeater outside Sisters High School Greta Davisand the road blocker Manteca High School Karlie Spohn.
• A 5 foot 8 footer from Sacramento
• Played three years of air volleyball at Pleasant Grove High School in Elk Grove, California.
• Named first team in all Delta leagues in all three seasons.
• Helped the Eagles reach a three-year composite record of 42-23 total and 23-7 in the league.
• That includes the 2020 league championship and the 2021 regional semi-finals at the state tournament.
• The team’s MVP during a senior season, where she averaged 8.6 assists, 1.6 digs, and 0.5 aces per set.
• Captain in both her junior and senior seasons.
• Plays for the Omni Volleyball Club of Sacramento, where she is the captain of the team.
• Father, David Risley, played football at Sacramento State from 1987-90.
Volta quote – “We are delighted to have Savannah on our program. She is a fast and strong runner with good hands and a very steady ball. In the club, she is her. executes a balanced attack and has a variety of tees of different sets.”