Ronaldo defends explosive interview ahead of World Cup
Portugal and Manchester United superstar Cristiano Ronaldo has defended his explosive interview with Piers Morgan that was released before the start of the World Cup.
“The moment is always the moment,” Ronaldo said in his first public comment since the interview was released last week. Rob Dawson by ESPN. “From your side, it’s easy to see how we can pick the moment. Sometimes you write the truth, sometimes you write the lies. I don’t have to worry about what other people think. I speak when I want to. Everyone knows who I am, what I believe in.”
In the interview made public after the English Premier League and other top leagues were halted in preparation for the World Cup, Ronaldo explode United coach Erik ten Hag and other aspects of the club. It’s a report before the weekend that United were looking to end Ronaldo’s deal and could seek to sue the 37-year-old for breach of contract.
Meanwhile, Portugal’s Bernardo Silva is among those with voiceover support Ronaldo on the interview.
About the problem on the field, Ronaldo miss Portugal’s World Cup warm-up match against Nigeria due to stomach pain. The five-time Ballon d’Or winner confirmed on Monday that he would be available for his country’s World Cup opener against Ghana on Thursday.
“I feel fine,” Ronaldo said of his condition. “I had a small problem, but I have recovered. We have trained well and I feel prepared to start the World Cup in the best way. I am fine. I believe we have potential. big I believe [we can win] and I have that feeling, but we have to start well with Ghana, that’s the hardest thing.”
Dawson pointed out that Ronaldo has not featured in an official match since he featured in United’s 1-3 loss to Aston Villa on November 6.