Entertainment

Royce Reed Dances To Celebrate Child Neglect Case Dismissal

Royce Reed is all smiles after the dismissal of her child neglect case. The former ‘Basketball Wives’ star announced her good news on social media with some TikTok-inspired moves!

In a repost to her Instagram feed, she wrote, “No caption needed…that’s the caption.” Meanwhile, the video itself has a white headline reading, “Case DISMISSED!”

Reed danced in what looked to be a home’s indoor front entrance area. In a white hoodie and gray leggings, she cheesed throughout the clip.

@roycereed

Case Dismissed!!!!!!! #Showoff #GoOff #Roycereed #talkaboutit #keepitcute #peopleinglasshousesshouldntthrowstones

♬ original sound – 2Live Nation

The dismissal is the latest update Royce has provided about the case. As previously reported, Reed pled not guilty in March 2022, days after being arrested. She was charged with third-degree felony child neglect.

Here’s Why Royce Reed Had A Child Neglect Charge

The incident behind the charge involved her minor son with Dwight Howard. The child was accused of “inappropriate sexual conduct” with another minor on two separate occasions. These encounters reportedly occurred in Royce Reed’s home — hence the charge –but she has denied that. In July, she alleged that the conduct happened in Howard’s home.

RELATED: Royce Reed Says Son’s ‘Inappropriate Conduct’ Took Place At His Residence

Reed swerved serving prison time for the charge after reportedly serving 100 hours of community service, per Radar Online. She also allegedly completed a six-week parenting class. Reed and Howard’s son reportedly stayed with his grandparents during the required service and class.

It’s unclear whether the child spent time at Dwight Howard’s home amid Reed’s case.

In their November 21 report, Radar noted that Royce Reed reportedly said she was excited to have her son home.

“Getting my son back home in his own bed was important to me,” Reed explained. “Now I’m waiting for the court to dismiss the case. It’s been over a year since I’ve waited for something to be done with this case. We kept addressing the state until finally, they offered diversion because I was fully ready to go to court.”

The court reportedly scheduled a follow-up hearing for Royce Reed on Dec. 6, but given her TikTok announcement, it seems the dismissal came before then. There is no word on whether the charge will appear on her permanent record.

There are no additional updates about the case at this time.



Source by [author_name]

news7h

News7h: Update the world's latest breaking news online of the day, breaking news, politics, society today, international mainstream news .Updated news 24/7: Entertainment, Sports...at the World everyday world. Hot news, images, video clips that are updated quickly and reliably

Related Articles

Back to top button