Faculty officers in Saint John are surveying the harm after a fireplace broke out at an elementary faculty Saturday evening.
Hearth crews have been known as to Glen Falls Faculty on Princess Court docket at round 7:50 p.m.
Appearing platoon chief Mark Arrand with the Saint John Hearth Division stated 20 firefighters responded.
“Hearth crews made forcible entry into the varsity and have been met with heavy, thick, black rolling smoke,” he stated.
He stated the fireplace seemed to be close to the fitness center, and there was smoke in all places.
Firefighters performed a search and located nobody contained in the constructing.
Crews spent three hours on scene, each placing out the fireplace and ventilating the constructing.
In a discover to folks, Anglophone South Faculty District superintendent, Zoë Watson, stated the extent of the harm continues to be being assessed.
The letter goes on to encourage mother and father to talk to their youngsters who might really feel distressed concerning the fireplace.
© 2021 International Information, a division of Corus Leisure Inc.