Save $100 on this home electric vehicle charging station with Amazon’s limited time offer
Autoblog may receive a share from purchases made via links on this page. Prices are available and subject to change.
Charging stations, aka charging points or electric vehicle supply devices (EVSEs) are essential if you want to get the most out of your EV. Most cars come with a simple standard outlet wall charger, which can take up to 12 hours to charge the car. So if you need a quick juice and don’t want to go to a nearby public parking lot with a charging station, then you need to invest in a Level 2 home charger.
Most home units, like Juice Box 32 below, requires a NEMA 14-50 or a NEMA 6-50 outlet, so if your garage isn’t currently equipped with an outlet you’ll need to contact an electrician to install one. There are also hardwired units that you can buy like Juice Box 40will give you slightly faster charging than the JuiceBox 32, but we also recommend professional installation by a certified electrician for those devices.
Plus, there are plenty of gadget discounts available across North America, so before you buy, make sure you’ve reviewed what discounts you can take advantage of in your home country. There are also potential tax credits that you can take advantage of to pay for your home charger and installation costs.
- 32 EVSE . Level 2 Amplifiers
- UL & EnergyStar Certification
- 3 years limited warranty for normal civil use
- The weather-resistant case and 25-foot charging cable give you the flexibility to install your device indoors or outdoors, wherever it might be most convenient for your home.
- Connect to WiFi and the free JuiceNet app to remotely control and monitor your charging, receive notifications, set charging reminders, etc.
- Eligible for local offers in multiple utility areas and join the Enel X JuicePoints program to earn cash on smart charging in eligible areas
- US-based EV drivers can also claim a tax credit for 30% of the cost of their JuiceBox home charger and installation.
6% (or $40) isn’t a huge discount, but every little bit helps. You can also save an extra $60 on this device when you apply the Amazon coupon before checkout.
JuiceBox J1772 is compatible with all makes and models of EVs, including Teslas via an adapter provided by Tesla. If you have more than one EV in your fleet, you can share the charging load between two or more JuiceBox chargers without the need to add an additional circuit to your home’s dashboard. It is important to note the fact that if you decide to use hardware Juice Box 40that will require professional installation, so you will need to hire an electrician to permanently connect it to your home’s existing electrical system.
If you don’t want to go the fixed route (and you also want to save a bit of money), Juice Box 32 may be the option you want to take. So, before you buy, consider the power and add-ons setup in your home to best determine what type of charging case is right for you and your home.