Spiritfarer version 1.14 is ready to download, here are the full patch notes
Thunder Lotus’s beautiful management model is about death and the afterlife – Spiritfarer – got a brand new update and it’s a big update in terms of bug fixes. Luckily for fans around the globe, many of the tweaks in the update involve fixing typos and bugs in multiple languages.
At the end of last year, the game 1 million in sales and bring us its free and biggest and ultimate story updateso while version 1.14 won’t bring us some brand new, gorgeous moments, it will clean up the experience for everyone.
Here are the full patch notes, shared by Thunder Lotus Games on its website:
– The black screen no longer occurs if you pause during the Mind Palace event.
– Alice now properly recognizes the Beach outfit.
– Wardrobe now remembers all outfit settings even when the player modifies a single item.
– Stella and Daffodil are teleported to Jackie whenever another player initiates a conversation inside Gwen’s house.
– The boat will continue to the finish line after meeting the turtle.
– Sleeping while Stanley is in front of the bed in Stella’s cabin no longer leads to loss of function.
– Interacting with Stanley inside Stella’s cabin no longer puts Daffodil outside the boundaries of the world.
– Sitting in a chair while the boat approaches Everdoor no longer results in loss of function.
– The game’s in-game clock no longer resets after 24 hours.
– Stella’s arm now uses proper lighting when fishing.
– Everlight now appears normally in the Loom and Woodcutting Minigames.
– The Trackpad icon now correctly appears in the back menus.
– Navigating within the Rebinding Control screen no longer skips two settings when scrolling up from the Restore Defaults option.
– Tuna fishing music won’t stop anytime soon if your cooperative partner stops fishing.
– Beverly is no longer behind Stella’s hat when hugged in her ghostly form.
– In the local co-op, Daffodil no longer loses his function when he meets the turtle sisters for the first time.
– Stella and Daffodil can no longer stand on an invisible pedestal in Stella’s Cabin.
– The quest “The Real Spiritfarer” now correctly subtracts one Bulb from your inventory instead of adding one.
– Daffodil no longer falls through the floor at many points in the game.
– Fast rewinding on a zipline no longer makes sound effects disappear.
– Stella’s bouncing animation no longer stutters when used on umbrellas in Overbrook.
– Atul will no longer be stuck in his house’s in-and-out loop if the kitchen is located in a specific location below his house.
– The wind animation from the middle chimney at Bottom Line Corp is no longer cut off abruptly.
– Constant watering of plants no longer causes Stella’s water animation to be skipped.
– Stella is no longer affected by the environment when using a zipline in Hoseki Quarry.
– Save/Exit during the Calling quest no longer causes Daria’s icon to appear prematurely in the Save Menu.
– Daria has now mastered her instrument during the Mind Palace event.
– Daffodil can no longer interact with butterflies during Hades events.
– Mickey no longer suddenly turns to Bruce’s head during their last conversation on the way to Everdoor.
– Mickey no longer disappears too soon in Bruce & Mickey’s Everdoor animation.
– Denizen lost at sea now correctly acknowledges your presence.
– Turtles no longer disappear when they go to sleep.
– Daffodil no longer teleports while Spirit is released.
– Going to bed no longer crashes the game.
– The ground inside the Field is no longer upside down in Edit mode.
– Sheep do have wool now.
– Explored parts of the map no longer disappear on reload.
– You will no longer be stuck in the game’s intro sequence.
– Alice’s quest is no longer buggy and she will give you her obol.
– ESC/Back buttons now work in the “Report an error” menu.
– The functionality cannot be lost by remapping the buttons for menu navigation to the DualShock trackpad and relaunching the game.
– Save progress & boat will no longer merge with another save if you delete it without loading the saved game first.
– Hugging Daffodil near a wall in Gwen’s house will no longer cause Stella to fall over the wall and get stuck.
– Hugging Daffodil at a specific point in Overbrook’s hospital will no longer send Stella into the background.
– The player will not need to readjust from interactable objects (ores, trees, etc.) after interacting with it for the first time.
– Nordweller’s map tooltip no longer shows three chests instead of two as expected.
– Stella and Daffodil are now forced to bid properly in the Everdoor chain.
– Exiting Blueprint Station no longer causes the game to lose functionality.
– Sleeping near Everdoor while the ghost is on board no longer causes a black screen.
– The problem no longer occurs when loading a save file that has completed Stella’s Last Ride.
– Ending the game in Jackie & Daria’s quest where Jackie barges into Daria’s house will no longer completely disrupt the mission’s process.
– Spirits can no longer be launched from boats when moving constructions to higher heights.
– Skipping intro too quickly after starting New Game no longer causes graphics problems.
– Quick return to the game no longer shows the map upside down for a few seconds.
– Acetates now display their contents properly in the projector room.
– The text in the Main Menu will appear exactly in the language you selected when playing in Japanese, Korean, Simplified or – Traditional Chinese.
– The lock unlock animation is no longer distorted.
– Disconnecting your controller while in a menu no longer causes the Controller Assignment Screen to overlap with the current menu.
– Major stability and performance issues with the Switch have been fixed.
– Joy-Cons’ grip in co-op no longer swaps Interact and Cancel buttons.
– Jackie will no longer be low-key talking to him for the first time on an island, after his revelation.
– Water will no longer appear in Low Definition in Gwen’s Last Voyage.
– Daffodil’s eyes and ears will no longer blink.
– Fixed an issue where certain radio buttons were hard to read when using Left Joy-Con.
– Astrid’s fan will no longer penetrate walls.
– Buck’s event reminders will no longer be cut off from the edge of the screen.
– Stella’s extra animation frame when running towards Lily has been removed.
– Astrid will no longer be stuck on a ladder when welcoming Giovanni off the boat.
– Spirits’ mood rewards for eating a food they liked were no longer mistranslated into a dish they didn’t like in Portuguese.
– Summer no longer says she’s not hungry when she refuses a hug, in Simplified Chinese.
– The Torn Letter and Jackie’s Crumpled Letter both have lines that have not been translated into Russian, Korean and Simplified Chinese.
– No more typos in Charon’s dialogue at the start of the game.
– Button icons and text no longer overflow the UI when reading letters in Russian.
– Fixed many dishes in recipe list with overflow text in Russian.
– The name Denizen in the Quest Log for “Sweep Around” has not been translated into many languages.
– The Doctor has an untranslated speech bubble after completing his mission at Overbrook in multiple languages.
– Dozens in Southpoint Docks are not translated into many languages.
– Gwen will no longer say a specific time to wake her up instead in the morning in Korean.
– Text confirming an event will no longer overlap with Yes/No options in Simplified Chinese.
– Jackie’s house improvement pop-up has incorrect line breaks in Russian text.
– Russian textboxes overflow when talking about Daria in the Archives Room’s File Cabinet.
– Text in Main Menu now appears correctly when first launching the game in Japanese, Korean, Simplified or Traditional Chinese.
If this update fixes any issues you’re having with the game, great! If you’re still nervous about picking it up, maybe Our 8/10 rating from 2020 will tempt you, where we say “Spiritfarer balances no-nonsense platforming, light exploration, and forgiving resource management with a beautifully realized world with a cast full of characters charming, likable, memorable.”
We still don’t know what the Jotun and Sundered developers will do next, but their dedication to updating and maintaining Spiritfarer keeps us hopeful for the future.