Sports Story blocks access to “Secret Dev Room” in the latest update (Version 1.0.4)
Sports story wasn’t at its best at launch, but fortunately several updates have been released since then. We are now up to Version 1.0.4 and while it includes the usual fixes and improvements it also has another interesting change.
Access to the “secret development room” is now blocked. If you haven’t seen it yet, it’s the part of the game where you go into a hidden area and can talk to the “video game developer” about the development environment. Here are the full patch notes for Sports Story Version 1.0.4:
Sports Story – Version 1.0.4 (January 29, 2023)
Blocked access to secret developer room.
- If the ink boss disappears, it will return to the platform after reloading the game.
- Wildlands birdie medal quest will mark correctly if medals are collected over multiple rounds.
- Fixed some transactions that required some money to work.
- Various fixes for places/events where players might get stuck.
- The club screen will correctly show more than 5 clubs.
- Fixed an issue where a player could sometimes be locked out after pitching a golf ball.
- 30% off coupon is working correctly now.
- Catching fish with sticky hands will no longer cause problems.
- Fixed the rotation bar issue when using PureStrike Green jungle.
Sports Story had a surprise release last December, and while we don’t mind it, it’s still not “comparable” after a long wait. Here is a short snippet of our review:
“If you loved the original, you’ll probably find Sports Story an enjoyable enough sequel, but there’s no denying that it feels like a disappointment after years of waiting. Assuming the Sidebar has can solve the worst of engineering problems, we’ll give Sports Story a gentle hint to anyone looking for a quirky sports role-playing game, but this one doesn’t deserve a spot at the top of your list.”