CHICAGO (CBS) – A school community is working to help their neighbors at another Northwest Catholic school after a fire destroyed everything they owned.
Monday morning, the student council from St. Ferdinand donated items they collected from students to help the families of St. Bartholomew lost his home in a fire.
St. Bart’s highlighted the act of kindness during the “Motivational Monday” gathering and wanted the family to know how many are here to help.
The family is still looking for a place to live after losing everything in the Old Irving Park fire. A faulty furnace was the cause of the January fire.
“The fire almost burned everything, everything was frozen so we couldn’t pick up anything,” said one fire victim. “We are nothing.”
A GoFundMe page has been set up for the family and has raised more than $65,000.
“We are all here for you, not just in St.