To get TechCrunch’s compilation of the biggest and most important stories delivered to your inbox daily at 3 p.m. PDT, Sign up here.
Hey, everyone, welcome back! Below we have some 2022 recap and even some news. I doubt it will get even thinner as the week goes by, but that’s okay! There will always be stories to share. Now, this is the Wednesday edition of the Daily Crunch. — Hank
Top 3 TechCrunch
- Sports on Amazon: The tech giant wants to continue broadcasting live sports, adding to the current lineup of Thursday Night Football, Premier League football and the like, Aisha report. Pro Tip, Amazon: Add cricket to your plan.
- ring right: Movano beat the CES craze and launched Evie, a smart ring focused on women’s health, Brian report.
- Underwater: Earlier this month, Boundary Layer pivoted to production of personal watercraft that will bring interested parties up to $60,000 when they’re ready. haje reported that the company had orders worth more than $1 million.
Dear Sophie: Do employees have to stop working until they receive the EAD?
One of our employees is holding an H-4 visa and has a Work Permit. It’s been five months since he applied to renew the EAD, which expires next month. Is there a way to speed up this process? Does he have to stop working if he doesn’t get a new EAD card before the old card expires?
Because it takes so long to receive an EAD card, we are concerned about another of our employees, an L-2 visa holder with an EAD scheduled to expire early next year.
Also, the H-4 visa officer wants to visit his family in India as it has been more than three years since he last went. Will he and his family be able to return to the US in four weeks?
— Dedicated manager
Big Technology, Inc.
- Twitter cropping: A Norwegian-based developer said Ivan that she created a tool to help you get rid of the list of accounts you follow because she has reached her tracking limit on the platform.
- Politics… tick tock: The US House of Representatives ordered all employees and lawmakers to remove TikTok from their government-issued phones, citing “security issues,” Carly write.
- bitcoin mining deal: Galaxy Digital has agreed to acquire Argo Blockchain’s bitcoin mining facility, Helios, for $65 million, Jacquie write.
- AI generates code: Does it sound good? Good, Kyle wrote about a study showing that AI code generation can create security holes.
Review in 2022
- Good news!: amanda, Kyle, Heart, Devin and Rebecca There’s some good tech news for you. This season, TC reporters banded together to dig into 2022 in search of some tech goodness. Climate technology is supported by the Inflation Reduction Act and the James Webb Space Telescope is on the list.
- Move: Rebecca compiled the biggest traffic stories driving the year.
- Investor survey: And Karan and Beat gives you a glimpse of the investor surveys we conducted on TC+ this year.